What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The temps should be around 30 tonight so we'll burn more cherry.

More cherry going in the Lopi Liberty tonight. We brought in two smaller loads of cherry today so I looked under the tarp for the next stack of wood we'll be burning, it's a mixture of beech, hard & soft maple and yellow birch.

Cut up floor joists and wall studs over 100 YRs old ,very dry. Probably old growth timber from central PA . From a rehab job of a 100Plus Yrs old house. easy to stack as they are square and uniform in size.

Im pumped about this red oak im burning. It was cut by the power co. a while before i got it and it was css two years ago. I board split most of as it was still pretty wet then. I plan on doing this to most longer drying species from now on as im averaging about 18% moisture on fresh insides. Ash and oak for now.

I've been cleaning up the woods around my house and bucking up the wood into 6' logs and stacking them under a shed. The majority of it is either deadfall, left-over offcuts from when it was logged a few years back. Most of the offcuts while they weren't technically stacked, are generally piled in a way that kept them off the ground, so they are fairly dry.

It burns so well I've basically been dragging it directly out of the woods, cutting it to 18" lengths, and tossing it directly into the boiler, only splitting the rounds that are over 6" in diameter. My normal firewood didn't dry very well this summer, so it's coming in handy being able to just direct burn stuff I've collected.

I'll have Black Walnut and Mulberry mixed this weekend. Maybe a few pieces of Red Oak mixed in as well. Supposed to be over 60 on Sunday so maybe clean the glass on the VC Encore that day. Kevin

Our temp should be around 24 tonight so we'll stay with a load of cherry for the overnight fire.

Just a small cherry fire until we load it up with more cherry for an overnight fire.

Pine and walnut, with a few elm chunks

Only thing I have....oak and more oak..

Was a mid 40s kind of afternoon. I took advantage and shut the beast down for a cleaning. Got her purring again tonight on ash and black cherry.

Been burning cedar for two months, but it's been -2- 0::C for the last 24 hours and forcast to stay like that this week, so I brought some of the good stuff in tonight, 15%MC Doug fir.

We had a low of 18 this morning but we'll keep burning the cherry until it's gone, the cherry we have inside should last through Friday.

yeah brisk here as well and supposedly getting colder tonight, have some yellow birch and some red maple going right now

More cherry in the Lopi Liberty until we get to the yellow birch,sugar maple and soft maple.

i loaded up with the standing dead walnut from the back yard, and the spruce from the front yard.

Got a mix...pine, poplar, oak, & cherry.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk