What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
High in the 30s today lit stove up once I got home from work, threw some splits in every one in a while to keep the burn going, tonight is headed for teens. More pine down. Next couple days cooler with some storms so burning all day again for a few then warming back up again and the stove will likely go cold during the day again.

Got up to 73 today, with a low of 59 tonight, have the remains of tonight's fire of oak and elm going, then letting it die down. It's that or turn on the AC.. Having a fire going is kind of an addiction.

We hit 55 today but it's gonna dip down to 35 overnight. House is a comfy 67 so I just threw in a medium load of red maple to take the edge off overnight. Probably not necessary but eh...the wood is right there and we like being warm!

Small system moving through, lows headed for teens tonight. A decent juniper round and pine for tonight
A591928B-A8CC-4330-9741-B63041CB6BF0.jpeg

It's 65 and I have an unnecessary fire of oak and elm in the coal stage. I'm a bachelor tonight, so I get to inbibe and crank out some music videos of the hard rock variety. Life is good!

It's been warm for several days, and I had a bad reminder of what comes with it, I had a tick on my arm.. yuck! Can't believe they're out already.... we didn't have a fire going last night, and I woke up cold a few times. So today it's oak and elm again.

@MMH , just curious, what elevation are you?