Wood consumption so far?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
What stove are you burning?
It's a Regency. I don't offhand recall just exactly which Model it is as I've had it around 10 years. I have it in one corner of the kitchen next to a window. I stack wood on the patio right outside that window so I only have to open the window and reach out and bring in a few logs and stack them in a small rack next to the stove. I also have a breezeway that connects the house and garage. I keep some wood stacked in there as well in case we get a blizzard that piles snow too deep until I can clear a path out to the wood stacks.

Attachments

• setforwinter.jpg
    setforwinter.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 112
Reactions: Woody Stover
It's a Regency. I don't offhand recall just exactly which Model it is as I've had it around 10 years. I have it in one corner of the kitchen next to a window. I stack wood on the patio right outside that window so I only have to open the window and reach out and bring in a few logs and stack them in a small rack next to the stove. I also have a breezeway that connects the house and garage. I keep some wood stacked in there as well in case we get a blizzard that piles snow too deep until I can clear a path out to the wood stacks.
That's a lotta wood to burn in one year, I'm heating 2800 sf and the most I've burned in a year is 5 cords and my wife likes it very warm.

That's a lotta wood to burn in one year, I'm heating 2800 sf and the most I've burned in a year is 5 cords and my wife likes it very warm.
Be that as it may, I also like it warm and cozy inside this time of year. I can always go outside for a hike in the woods or out and shovel some snow for a little fresh cool air but when I come back in that warmth hits you and it's instant " Ahhhhhhhhh , sweeeeeeeet " !!!