2017-18 Blaze King Performance Thread PART 3 (Everything BK)

webfish Posted By webfish, Jan 26, 2018 at 1:18 PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allan5oh

allan5oh
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 19, 2016
    Loc:
    Winnipeg, MB
    If BK is alien technology, does that mean a new convert has been abducted by aliens?

Sent from my Samsung s9 using the WiFi on some large rotating disc 50,000 feet above the mojave

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. allan5oh

allan5oh
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 19, 2016
    Loc:
    Winnipeg, MB
    Just wanted a tour that's all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BKVP

BKVP
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 10, 2011
    Loc:
    Walla Walla Washington
    Now sir that is funny!

4. Highbeam

Highbeam
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 28, 2006
    Loc:
    Mt. Rainier Foothills, WA
    Since bk stoves love dry fuel, the highbeam house is moving away from top covers and into a wood shed! 200 square feet, 5cords per bay.

Still framing so bracing and more header are coming. Comp roof.

Attached Files:

5. jetsam

jetsam
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 12, 2015
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    No, but when the aliens discover that you are using their stolen technology, they may vaporize your house from orbit. Most of us here are sufficiently fond of our stoves that we are willing to accept that risk.

They could also just mindwipe you and erase your memory of the stove, so if you unexpectedly wake up in the 2019 VC Owners' Thread, that's what happened there.

Ashful likes this.
  6. webby3650

webby3650
    Master of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 2, 2008
    Loc:
    Indiana
    God no! I’d rather not wake up!

7. Diabel

Diabel
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 11, 2008
    Loc:
    Ottawa, ON
    Be nice. I like my VC, it does the job!

On another note.....my wife and the kids all said (separately) that they actually prefer the looks of the Princess over the Encore!!!!! I was shocked! They all said it was a more simple look.....

8. bholler

bholler
    Chimney sweep 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Loc:
    central pa
    Really?? They are fantastic stoves but in my opinion the king and princess are the 2 ugliest stoves on the market. But the ashford and chinook look great

AlbergSteve and Ashful like this.
  9. Diabel

Diabel
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 11, 2008
    Loc:
    Ottawa, ON
    I share that view with you 100%. Maybe the kids were trying to be nice to me and the wife had too much wine........

bholler likes this.
  10. webby3650

webby3650
    Master of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 2, 2008
    Loc:
    Indiana
    A barrel stove does the job too, that’s not sayin much. I’ve burned several different encores, they heat, but it’s never been worth the time and expense to keep them running. You know, kinda like owning a dodge. It may have bells and whistles, but it’s just not worth it after a few miles.. that’s why they have NO resale value!

AlbergSteve, bholler and tarzan like this.
  11. Ashful

Ashful
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 7, 2012
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    I have several friends who re-sold their used Hellcats for more than MSRP, after a year of ownership. Have you owned a car that's gone up $10k in value after a year of driving it? Don't confused today's car market with that of 40 years' past.

12. webby3650

webby3650
    Master of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 2, 2008
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Actually yes. I own Toyota’s! Dodge products are crap.. Collectable cars aside.

AlbergSteve and Rob711 like this.
  13. BKVP

BKVP
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 10, 2011
    Loc:
    Walla Walla Washington
    Superb. Great material, structural, vast air flow, perfect overhangs, good roof slope...stacking on pallets?

Highbeam likes this.
  14. BKVP

BKVP
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 10, 2011
    Loc:
    Walla Walla Washington
    Or the aliens are working overtime....tell her $50 is in the mail!

15. Highbeam

Highbeam
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 28, 2006
    Loc:
    Mt. Rainier Foothills, WA
    That’s a great question. I will have 4-6 inches of clean 1.25” rock but I don’t know whether to stack right on the rock or to use the foam pallets. There is no standing water, the surface drains well. Any opinions on that?

Attached Files:

16. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Getting air under the stacks should help. You are going to love shed storage. Just be careful when stacking and always have the stacks lean a bit toward the rear.

Highbeam likes this.
  17. webby3650

webby3650
    Master of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 2, 2008
    Loc:
    Indiana
    I miss my woodshed at my last house.. I enjoyed building it...

Attached Files:

18. BKVP

BKVP
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 10, 2011
    Loc:
    Walla Walla Washington
    Pallets! Free, increase air flow. Sitting on rock, good for 5 years or longer.

Highbeam likes this.
  19. Cast Iron

Cast Iron
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Mar 16, 2018
    Loc:
    Vermont
    OK OK so BK stoves are beyond perfect....even now alien tech .
    A BK can now heat an 8000 sq ft house ! Who knew ?
    But why the over-the-top hysterical hate for VC, and now Dodge ? It is only stoves and a trucks.
    "Can we all get along ? " ( historical L.A. )
    This is a dysfunctional derangement syndrome. Referrals are available for a large fee.:rolleyes:

20. Ashful

Ashful
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 7, 2012
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Stick to stoves, webby. You really have no idea what you are talking about.

Toyota? Lol... if your goal is getting from point A to point B with minimum cost and enjoyment, then they’re right for you. I’d rather have any SRT product. Call them “collectable”, if you want, but I drive mine to work most days.

charger4406 likes this.
  21. kennyp2339

kennyp2339
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 16, 2014
    Loc:
    I vote for pallets, you can take them out to clean up the wood crumbs at the end of the season, plus the additional air flow as others said.

Highbeam likes this.
  22. webby3650

webby3650
    Master of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 2, 2008
    Loc:
    Indiana
    ;lol
    Yes, making it to work and back is my goal...

23. bholler

bholler
    Chimney sweep 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Loc:
    central pa
    No hate for vc. Just pity for vc owners. And i am not a bk fanboy either. They are great stoves but not magic

24. showrguy

showrguy
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Aug 2, 2015
    Loc:
    Marysville, Pa.
    Hey bhollar, you have any interest in trying out a BK Princess ??
    I picked up 2 of em recently, I'm gonna install one in my garage this fall.
    The other one was gonna go to my camp in Loganton, but it does'nt have too..
    It's yours for this coming heating season if ya wanna try one !!

ratsrepus likes this.
  25. Ashful

Ashful
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 7, 2012
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    ... With minimal enjoyment. Some of us have slightly higher expectations than simply getting there.

Like I said, stick to something you actually know about, cars are clearly not your forte.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.