2018-19 Blaze King Performance Thread Part 1 (Everything BK)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read that advice previously, but why?
If the stove is still warm, the T-stat will still be opening. You can end up with the t-stat flapper stuck on top of the top dead center stop screw. Then your stove won’t shut down when you need it to.

There is a third screw in the middle of the back face of the lid, I assume that stays in? I only removed the two square-drive screws.

There is a third screw in the middle of the back face of the lid, I assume that stays in? I only removed the two square-drive screws.
You did good , gwasshoppa..
Set the stat to "no air, closed, cold stove," before reinstalling the housing..

Reactions: Ashful
The third screw, the one in the middle appears to be a full open positive stop, only allowing the flapper to open to that point. Am I correct?

The third screw, the one in the middle appears to be a full open positive stop, only allowing the flapper to open to that point. Am I correct?
Correct, and, if someone was to put things back together with the t-stat wide open, it would not be able to close/adjust, and you'd have a runaway stove---- not good..

Just a quick response to the forum members, I just now got off the Phone with Chris and I can say there is not a nicer person in the manufacturing industry that I have had the pleasure to speak with in recent memory.
As stated by many this combustor replacement is going to be a non stressful transaction for me and that is great ! I will at some point in the near future I remove the old one and take it to my original dealer for them to ship back to the company , I think? Maybe they just need to see it not really sure on that one but it does not matter. Then that dealer will contact the BK company and they will send out a new combustor for me.
I spoke at length with Chris and he gave me some valuable tips on stove operation. I will continue to learn from Chris and all of you on here, even if I am not posting I am reading . Thanks for all the advice and support. Blaze King has a great product and wonderful leadership. Thanks from Maine, Jeff

Just a quick response to the forum members, I just now got off the Phone with Chris and I can say there is not a nicer person in the manufacturing industry that I have had the pleasure to speak with in recent memory.
As stated by many this combustor replacement is going to be a non stressful transaction for me and that is great ! I will at some point in the near future I remove the old one and take it to my original dealer for them to ship back to the company , I think? Maybe they just need to see it not really sure on that one but it does not matter. Then that dealer will contact the BK company and they will send out a new combustor for me.
I spoke at length with Chris and he gave me some valuable tips on stove operation. I will continue to learn from Chris and all of you on here, even if I am not posting I am reading . Thanks for all the advice and support. Blaze King has a great product and wonderful leadership. Thanks from Maine, Jeff
Were you able to isolate any particular action or method that needs to be changed?

Were you able to isolate any particular action or method that needs to be changed?

No not really but I am pretty sure it is some sort of improper operation on my behalf. I don't think the stove is at fault there are just too many of them out there with no issues . I will just be extra careful on how long I leave the door open on re-loads or initial start ups. That is the one thing I can see that I may be doing wrong maybe.

One thing I noticed (and this might be just a shade of the pic) Jeff’s crumbled cat is dark grey in colour. Me being a VC guy, all the crumbled VC cats I have seen were always light cream in colour. 99% due to overfire/leaky stove/failed gaskets.

Maybe it was just a defective cat.........

One thing I noticed (and this might be just a shade of the pic) Jeff’s crumbled cat is dark grey in colour. Me being a VC guy, all the crumbled VC cats I have seen were always light cream in colour. 99% due to overfire/leaky stove/failed gaskets.

Maybe it was just a defective cat.........
good catch, I wonder what the prognosis is.

No not really but I am pretty sure it is some sort of improper operation on my behalf. I don't think the stove is at fault there are just too many of them out there with no issues . I will just be extra careful on how long I leave the door open on re-loads or initial start ups. That is the one thing I can see that I may be doing wrong maybe.

My BK has a flame shield, I did not see it mentioned if your stove should have one and is it in place?

Hi, been reading the forum for years never posting. Bit the bullet today and ordered a king. Thanks to everyone that post here. I even made my buddy buy one last year to try it out first [emoji14]

Congratulations! What stove is it replacing?

check Amazon

Keep in mind that there are manufacturers outside the USA selling online. Their product is CRAP! We know this to be certain.

I thought i saw Condor products on Amazon, are they junk?

Status
Not open for further replies.