Blaze king ashford 30.1 smoke smell/ air leak.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
You can always PM or email me to get this addressed.

BKVP
I would but I'm trying to let the dealer / installer do their thing. I purchased the unit through them and they installed it and the chimney. Thank you for that.

To eliminate the draft as a possible issue find the the draft specs for the stove and then measure your draft with a manometer in your first section of stovepipe from the stove in operation mode. Also looks like there's a bad section of gasket on the door. Another factor may be the wood offgassing more than the draft can pull it through creating a positive pressure within the stove. Any positive pressure will bleed smoke/smell outside the stove. That dirty glass may be an indicator of this. I'm not BK guy so just my thoughts. I had this issue with VC stoves and it all came down to draft and wood with too high MC.

Reactions: bmikeb and Ashful