Couldn’t buy a blaze king... even if I wanted too

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

darktower007

Feeling the Heat
Oct 16, 2018
Chattanooga
So living in Tennessee... blaze king dealers do not exist. The nearest dealer is 5 hours away. When I call or text them that I’m interested in one... they don’t return my call or text! Called one in Arkansas and North Carolina.

Man talk about striking out.

I would hate to have one shipped as I’m sure it would be a fortune... any ideas? Any stoves of similar burn time and quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maybe BKVP will chime in and help you out. Have a dealer here in michigan thats good to deal with, make weekend trip out of it. It will be fun they said

maybe BKVP will chime in and help you out. Have a dealer here in michigan thats good to deal with, make weekend trip out of it. It will be fun they said
Which dealer are you speaking of. The one in Chelsea has recently dropped the BK line.

When I was looking for a stove for a hunting cabin the local dealer tried to sell me a BK that cost almost 4 times what I wanted to spend. Not to mention that a cat stove isnt a great fit for a weekend cabin. Sometimes the best isnt necessarily right, even if they gave it to you.

Reactions: bholler
Mc dowell's in grand Ledge Randy. I bought both my stoves from them, sorta an OK deal but I knew what i was going to pay when I went in there. Nice guys. I didnt have any luck with the Chelsea guy either, way expensive. he wanted $500 more per stove. There's another guy around Flushing or that area, He gave me the creeps on the phone.

They had the Princess in stock, I ordered the ashford. came in in two weeks

Mc dowell's in grand Ledge Randy. I bought both my stoves from them, sorta an OK deal but I knew what i was going to pay when I went in there. Nice guys. I didnt have any luck with the Chelsea guy either, way expensive. he wanted $500 more per stove. There's another guy around Flushing or that area, He gave me the creeps on the phone.
This is good to know. I m going to be saving up over the next few years for my next stove and I believe it will be an Ashford. Just have to make sure it will fit on my hearth. It seems to be a bit deeper than my encore.

When I was looking for a stove for a hunting cabin the local dealer tried to sell me a BK that cost almost 4 times what I wanted to spend. Not to mention that a cat stove isnt a great fit for a weekend cabin. Sometimes the best isnt necessarily right, even if they gave it to you.
I agree a bk would not be my choice for a weekend cabin.

I agree a bk would not be my choice for a weekend cabin.

For all the obvious burn reasons, plus the other one. Theft! I'd be afraid someone would break in and steal it.

This is good to know. I m going to be saving up over the next few years for my next stove and I believe it will be an Ashford. Just have to make sure it will fit on my hearth. It seems to be a bit deeper than my encore.

Your welcome to come check mine out and take some measurements if you'd like

Reactions: RandyBoBandy
Which dealer are you speaking of. The one in Chelsea has recently dropped the BK line.

Well two I called in Asheville.. one doesn’t carry them anymore and the other didn’t call me back.

Blaze king was great to work with over the phone. The called me and told me some around me.. which was Asheville.

Unfortunately their search function is terrible on their site. It searches only in “100 mile” radius from search entry. So you can not zoom out and it populates dealers. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your welcome to come check mine out and take some measurements if you'd like
I just might take you up on that some day down the road when I get some free time. I would love to an Ashford in action.

For all the obvious burn reasons,

I do understand the part of why to spend so much on something that will be use once in a while. The risk of stolen. Plus that was not what you want, but, what are the burn reason about? I just want to know if is okay.

I do understand the part of why to spend so much on something that will be use once in a while. The risk of stolen. Plus that was not what you want, but, what are the burn reason about? I just want to know if is okay.
Because a stove in a weekend cabin will be run hard almost the entire time it is used because you need to bring the cabin up to temp. That is not what cat stoves are best at so there really would be no benifit to using a cat stove in that situation.

Because a stove in a weekend cabin will be run hard almost the entire time it is used because you need to bring the cabin up to temp. That is not what cat stoves are best at so there really would be no benifit to using a cat stove in that situation.
I understand everything like I said but I am going to disagreed with that statement because I did use mine on weekends only for awhile and also to heat a near 2400sf old leaky house with no problems when I installed the first one. I never has to run it wide open all the time. Actually there is no need to run it like that to get heat out of it.

I understand everything like I said but I am going to disagreed with that statement because I did use mine on weekends only for awhile and also to heat a near 2400sf old leaky house with no problems when I installed the first one. I never has to run it wide open all the time. Actually there is no need to run it like that to get heat out of it.
If money is not an issue it would work just fine, if or when I get a cabin I wouldn't hesitate to put a BK

Last edited:
Reactions: lsucet
Maybe look into Buck stoves. There may be more dealers in your area.

Ever go to your cabin and when you get there it is 5 below zero inside?

Ever go to your cabin and when you get there it is 5 below zero inside?
It doesn't matter what is the temperature. Any technology will have the same stress to heat up the place. And because is a non cat we can't say that you can run it way hotter because then you are over firing the stove and flue. Don't get me wrong, I am not just siding with cat stoves, just I am sure that any technology will have to work hard to do it regardless.