Fun Fire Fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Phoebe

May 28, 2017
Idaho
Hello,

I've been looking for an inexpensive used wood stove in my area. I found this one offered for $200 and think it would be great. The firebox is made of glass and should give off nice light in my basement and I'd like being able to see the fire.

If it is/was a great stove, I'd expect it to still be somewhat popular as are the old Fisher stoves or to still be in production, but I haven't found any information on it other than the Farm Show ad from 1977 in this link:
https://www.farmshow.com/a_article.php?aid=7214

It's states, "The Fun Fire burns wood or coal and has achieved efficiency ratings as high as 90%..." Is anyone here familiar with this stove? How would I find out if it's EPA certified and does it matter? Looks like it can be cooked with as well.

Any advice and/or thoughts appreciated.

Definitely not EPA certified if 1977 vintage. With no documentation or UL certification it would need 36" clearances all around and some insurance companies may refuse to insure it. This certainly is one of the odder stoves/fireplaces that I've seen. It looks like a giant lottery drum on a large lego block base.

And dont listen to them it cannot be installed on carpet