Heating Oil was at $1.85 a gallon, It's on the rise again!!! $2.09 today http://www.cashoil.com/

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don Cherry is King!

I agree with you durham, every bag I dump into the hopper makes me feel like I'm stickin it back to the oil supplier.
My last oil fill was late september, still have half a tank. I'll make it thru January before I need another fill and at that time HHO will be $1.50/gal
I just looked at my utility bill and for November I saved ~$800 form Electric and Oil over last year in one month, Oh - I did burn 25 bags and kept the house at 72F instead of 60F last year too.

rhag1128 said:
My last oil fill was late september, still have half a tank. I'll make it thru January before I need another fill and at that time HHO will be $1.50/gal
I just looked at my utility bill and for November I saved ~$800 form Electric and Oil over last year in one month, Oh - I did burn 25 bags and kept the house at 72F instead of 60F last year too.
Another amazing testimonial...

How can I convince people that sending me money would be sticking it to the oil man?
%-P

Well, it would. Because I help people burn more wood and pellets, etc. - better, so that sticks it to the man much better than just dumping a little bag of pellets in your machine.

If you REALLY REALLY want to stick it to the man, with no hernia or dust, simply send large paypal amounts to [email protected]

thanks, all.

Webmaster said:
How can I convince people that sending me money would be sticking it to the oil man?
%-P

Well, it would. Because I help people burn more wood and pellets, etc. - better, so that sticks it to the man much better than just dumping a little bag of pellets in your machine.

If you REALLY REALLY want to stick it to the man, with no hernia or dust, simply send large paypal amounts to [email protected]

thanks, all.

First payment sent!

Large is a relative term and your no relative!

Why is it still hovering around $240.00 in NH ? It is cheaper north and south of NH.

Lobstah said:
It's interesting that pellet prices haven't fallen at all in my area at all (still $345/ton + $40del), despite oil prices having dropped in half, from $4.25/gal to $2.17 This is exactly the type of pricing behavior that has had everyone calling for gouging investigations and windfall taxes on oil companies.

I'm not defending the oil companies, I just don't like revisionist history ;)
Speaking of windfall profits, why are there no investigations, calls to arms, umbrage & uproar about UPS, Fedex, Airlines and anyone else who tacked on a "fuel surcharge" earlier this summer and are still charging it even though prices are at 5 year lows? Why is my congressman not vowing to get to the bottom of UPS' patently unfair pricing strategy? It seems easy to bash the big faceless oil companies when prices are rising but not so easy to bash the guy in his brown shorts or that airline that hauls our congressman's ass back & forth between home state & Washington.

DiggerJim said:
Lobstah said:
It's interesting that pellet prices haven't fallen at all in my area at all (still $345/ton + $40del), despite oil prices having dropped in half, from $4.25/gal to $2.17 This is exactly the type of pricing behavior that has had everyone calling for gouging investigations and windfall taxes on oil companies.

Speaking of windfall profits, why are there no investigations, calls to arms, umbrage & uproar about UPS, Fedex, Airlines and anyone else who tacked on a "fuel surcharge" earlier this summer and are still charging it even though prices are at 5 year lows? Why is my congressman not vowing to get to the bottom of UPS' patently unfair pricing strategy? It seems easy to bash the big faceless oil companies when prices are rising but not so easy to bash the guy in his brown shorts or that airline that hauls our congressman's ass back & forth between home state & Washington.
Very good point... I asked a UPS driver the same thing yesterday and I was told "I don't have anything to do with pricing, but I know our prices have come down". Yeah right, sure they've come down.

I bought my pellets last June for $270/ton delivered. Heating oil from my dealer now $2.40/ gal. I am still slightly ahead with pellets according to my calculator. The price for pellets will surely have to drop next year to stay competitive. 8-/

They'll have to drop before that at most places, especially big box stores like HD and Lowes. They make money on inventory turn. Even if they have to move that inventory at a loss to make room for cheaper inventory to come in, they have to move it.

Jim

sydney1963 said:
Oil per barrel today $33.87

http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/commodities/energyprices.html

http://www.cashoil.com/

Why am I still buying gas at $1.73 a gallon?

Why am I still buying HHO at $1.85 a gallon?

I haven't seen a whole lot of price decline over the past couple of days, have you?

We are around 1.50 in West/Central NJ.
you can find the NY Mercantile at this site:

http://www.nymex.com/lsco_fut_pso.aspx

Propane is now at 1.90 locally, almost break even with pellets.

Those per barrel prices you are quoting are for January delivery, the last I checked it is still December.

Talked to somone in Houston this morning...said they filled their car up for $1.29/gal

I don't even remember that price, but it was a while ago here in Ma.

Jim

I sure am glad I converted over to NG this summer (which is now a lot more expensive)!!! :throws brick at self:

I have natural gas hot air never got the house warm . With my wood stove my home is toasty warm . I scroung so my wood if free
le me know when gas get there we ill talk South Jersey Gas .

DiggerJim said:
Lobstah said:

Ummm. Because UPS and FedEx are companies that are not part of the govt, and can therefore charge whatever they want. If you don't like it, ship with someone else?

tubbster said:
DiggerJim said:
Lobstah said:

Ummm. Because UPS and FedEx are companies that are not part of the govt, and can therefore charge whatever they want. If you don't like it, ship with someone else?

I think its called playing catchup. They sucked up a lot with the fuel going up for the last 4 years so now its time to get some of it back. I know Bernie Sanders is after the gas and oil folks in VT because they have been coming down so slow in price. Hell Fuel oil here in Northern NY is still 2.39 at the cheapest you can get. That's what I like the most about the Northcountry, you don't have to worry about foreplay. We get it steadily from every direction and never even get granted a reach around.

tubbster said:
DiggerJim said:
Lobstah said:

I think its called playing catchup. They sucked up a lot with the fuel going up for the last 4 years so now its time to get some of it back. I know Bernie Sanders is after the gas and oil folks in VT because they have been coming down so slow in price. Hell Fuel oil here in Northern NY is still 2.39 at the cheapest you can get. That's what I like the most about the Northcountry, you don't have to worry about foreplay. We get it steadily from every direction and never even get the common courtesy of a reach around.

Status
Not open for further replies.