Hum again. Moving a House?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I agree with all you people because at one time it was hooked up then messed with but the ground was already dug up so much digging and the company came out and fixed it again but this time they put a lock on it which they left off before..All the trucks are gone now so I guess it is finished and that's how it is...Now I need to wash all the chalk colors off my front walk and driveway and accepting it..terrible --this new age--...Waiting for the rigging company to call me back now but they are so busy and I told them to take their time..I do not know the height of my house but I took a picture of it for you of what the porch turned out like--just beautiful it is---but I tell you--if I would have known about this noise situation and other problems I would never have built the porch or bought my beautiful stove--if I decide to move Yes my stove goes with me wherever I go...A few pictures of my babies--birdies,,clancey (They all were saved and can not be released)--broken wings and legs and all kinds of things--no tongues and plenty of hospital care over the years..need to find a property for them too..yes they go with me too...lol

porch 8-24-21 001.JPG porch 8-24-21 004.JPG porch 8-24-21 008.JPG

There was no meter in the meter base of the pole therefore the pole had no power.
The impression I got from the picture was that the connection was jumpered out while waiting for the meter. I made the assumption that the brief pause occurred when the meter was being put in place. That may be in error. I hate it when there are many threads on the same topic like this. It makes continuity difficult.

Well right now its all about my house and how to abate the noise 'where ever" it is coming from..I think it is my aluminum siding and copper piping ( I have boiler heat and copper piping under the house going all over to each section and i also have those fin type things under parts of the flooring.. I think these things some how are making the city noises worse...and it only started when the trucks for the city digging arrived..about the same time my porch concrete was laid so I am just checking it out to see where all of this noise at night is coming from--it terrible...I can put up with it in the day--not too bad--but at night--terrible sounds like the Taos sounding...So we will see how all this turns out ..one day at a time...Can't wait for the plumber to get here and his name is Steve--Great...then the inspection man with the meters and this is going to be interesting to take a reading as far as he can only up to about 10 whatever that is but he will have some suggestions as well very professional suggestions--very professional company...clancey

Just spitballing here. If turning off the power to the pole temporarily silenced it, then it might be a culprit if a transformer is humming and the pole length is the right wavelength to resonate at say 60 hz and transmit that amplified noise to the ground. The test would be to cut the power for a few seconds to the pole. In lieu of that, a simpler test would be to press one's ear or a stethoscope against the pole and see if one can hear the hum louder.
Wooden dowel does the same thing.

I went to the pole and felt it--no nothing--but I am going to sent the house inspector energy guy to the pole to --just in case he can measure something....I am just spitballing too--lol thanks everyone..clancey

Do guests in your home hear this noise? Neighbor's hearing it?

No one hears it but me and I can hear kind of a hissing humming noise throughout the city its bearable but in my house it can get really loud especially at night time when there is less activity outside and my house kinda echoes it or something to where I can feel the noise on my arms so to speak...Been to the ear doctor and will go back in a few weeks and so far I do not think that is the problem but I just do not know at this point. All I know is ever since the city went crazy with digging up the city--all over--and putting in all kinds of piping and stuff throughout. The noise mysteriously came just about the time that they dug up the street, walk and driveway outside my home when I was just beginning to have the stove room porch built. That pole is about two or three car lengths away from my yard and in the back yard there is another this one a wooden pole with plenty of wires on it. There was one quiet moment when the man was out there fooling with the pole in a white truck--like noise--dead silence (felt so wonderful) and then noise again..maybe five seconds or something.. It was like he pulled the lever down or something then put it back in position on the pole and the wires were hanging out. But I can hear it throughout the city like a steam hissing noise with a subtle vibration--bearable--but in my home a different story and I just want to know if it is safe for me so a inspector is coming out on Friday to measure things by meter--its a start...nothing can be done. I stopped the smart meter box from being put in here because this is optional and for this I have to pay extra each month to the electric company about $8,75 . I have only been to about 10 places around this neighborhood (different areas) and in all the places I hear this noise and no one hears it but me. (home depot, ace, the store,doctor etc etc, restaurants to eat, getting gas. I will go to another area soon to look at a property that I find interesting but I am depending on a friend to drive me there. Curious to see if I hear the noise there. clancey

I agree with all you people because at one time it was hooked up then messed with but the ground was already dug up so much digging and the company came out and fixed it again but this time they put a lock on it which they left off before..All the trucks are gone now so I guess it is finished and that's how it is...Now I need to wash all the chalk colors off my front walk and driveway and accepting it..terrible --this new age--...Waiting for the rigging company to call me back now but they are so busy and I told them to take their time..I do not know the height of my house but I took a picture of it for you of what the porch turned out like--just beautiful it is---but I tell you--if I would have known about this noise situation and other problems I would never have built the porch or bought my beautiful stove--if I decide to move Yes my stove goes with me wherever I go...A few pictures of my babies--birdies,,clancey (They all were saved and can not be released)--broken wings and legs and all kinds of things--no tongues and plenty of hospital care over the years..need to find a property for them too..yes they go with me too...lol

View attachment 281245 View attachment 281246 View attachment 281247
Beautiful birds! Some friends of ours had a flock of white doves they raised in their barn. They gave us a pair of weaver finches and a nice cage before they moved south. Before you decide that you want to move, the house or not, drive out to a rural house for sale and listen and see if you can hear it. Does the noise continue during all hours? My wife used to live near a quarry before we got married and she said the noise was basically intolerable during the day. The frequencies were very low and were mostly carried by the earth.

That's what I think is happening spbus--but not sure at this moment.. I love my birdies and some of them on really old like 17 years old. In the wild they live only a few years because of the hard conditions and predators including people for these birdies are not respected and some people call them "flying rats" they are pigeons..lol Have met many wonderful avian vets throughout the years and learn quite a lot about these birdies..These are lucky birdies. I am lucky to be able to have my birdie experiences so they are my pets instead of a doggy. I love dogs..but too old at this point in my life to have one so birdies will do and my old garage has problems with not enough of room in the alley to get out so I use it for birdies and storage. Why these birdies have eleven windows, solar fans and heat in the winter plus a "flypen" so that they can take a bath outside the loft. What else could birdies want and good food too... lol. clancey

Long shot, does exist - resonate frequencies due to dental repairs. Metals of same acting as antennas and amplification usually transmitted into facial bones. Mostly associated with radio frequency harmonics ( the density of RF signals nowdays is unbelievable)( Think along the lines of microwave ovens and pacemakers). High tension power grids do create noise as well as magnetic fields, most never hear or feel it. Power line step/down transformers yep they can buzz also due to magnetic fields. So you are not crazy Clancy, just for whatever reason more sensitive to things that most just ignore as background hash. Dealing with the practitioners of the black arts ( medical) is a real pia when things are outside their comfort/understanding zones.

Long shot, does exist - resonate frequencies due to dental repairs. Metals of same acting as antennas and amplification usually transmitted into facial bones. Mostly associated with radio frequency harmonics ( the density of RF signals nowdays is unbelievable)( Think along the lines of microwave ovens and pacemakers). High tension power grids do create noise as well as magnetic fields, most never hear or feel it. Power line step/down transformers yep they can buzz also due to magnetic fields. So you are not crazy Clancy, just for whatever reason more sensitive to things that most just ignore as background hash. Dealing with the practitioners of the black arts ( medical) is a real pia when things are outside their comfort/understanding zones.
I have heard of this before...

This is simple to test - and I am not joking, despite the connotations my proposal has...

If this ( RF induction in metallic dental repairs) is indeed the cause, (and this should already be clear by a changing amplitude/loudness depending on the distance of the RF source), wrapping ones head in metal (alu) foil should get rid of it. Obviously not a permanent solution, but a test approach that costs nothing but a few feet of alu foil.

This is simple to test - and I am not joking, despite the connotations my proposal has...

If this ( RF induction in metallic dental repairs) is indeed the cause, (and this should already be clear by a changing amplitude/loudness depending on the distance of the RF source), wrapping ones head in metal (alu) foil should get rid of it. Obviously not a permanent solution, but a test approach that costs nothing but a few feet of alu foil.
Tin foil helmet... ;lol

All you people are just terrible--lol How can you all treat a old lady like me like this?--lol lol...Now how I am going to handle this is do research and more research especially on hertz measurements and stuff like that as well as medical concerns because these ailments are real but not in my case but I am checking into all of this for I have another appointment with my gal doc in two weeks,,so far everything looks good...The house that I was interested in is not a choice for I saw it this morning and it is just toooo much money for the crap they are trying to sell..Tomorrow comes the meter man with the gadgets to measure things to tell me if my houses readings are more on the safe size and what the readings are as far as he can do--maybe a 10 or something like that because it you want to get up to the higher readings the equipment would be very expensive but this is another opinion especially on maybe noise insulation or some kind of abatement if the readings seem to high with the energy...He shared with me that with aluminium siding house ( mine) it would not be good to get a steel roof on it because if there are emf's and also wifi that the house would keep them all inside and this is not good. So I am working on this all you smart --- people but its fun to see you all add to my knowledge and I love everyone of you..Some tidbits I picked up is this: 30-40 hz is louder when it is cool and the sound (if there is any) usually is confined to a 6.2 mile area for hearing hums if any.. Another factor is --where Blades was headed is : "Middle aged people most likely to hear a hum" because of the bone factors..Also a Mytle Beach couple sued a power company because the noise was louder in the house than outside and the substation was the largest transformer vibrated to a resonance of a 60 hz hum that drove them nuts..Do not know how that turned out...Also 38-60% of people have what one would call SOAE and this is a hissing sound, buzzing or ringing and it sounds like cicada"s.. Now these are only tidbits of what I found and now I am on a whole new interesting journey that is keeping this old lady busy...thanks for the replies clancey

Also 38-60% of people have what one would call SOAE and this is a hissing sound, buzzing or ringing and it sounds like cicada"s..
Also known as tinnitus. I hear it all the time.

The house inspector man was here and what a "eye opener"-- can't write too much because getting use to a key pad until I have buy a mouse and hard wire it into my modem as well as a answering machine to messages. I also need a keyboard that will hook up to my computer to type on.. He spent five hours here today and I have paperwork about the "readings" that I need to read yet--I am exhausted for I helped him all the way.,,,My aluminum siding is protecting the house from the high energy readings but my front windows are "off the wall" and he suggested "newer preminum windows" on the front and painting the door with special paint. I have a lot of dirty electricity in the kitchen and the microwave on went almost "off the edge" when on okay when not on. He could not hear anything but he said that he could feel the pressure when he walked into the house. We brought it down from thousands to just 700 (do not know what kind of waves here for we tested about three different ones--radio, emf. wifi and height levels and we jumped all around--basement, upstairs, poles, every room of the house--meter boxes and water pipes and "old piping that goes around the basement that has some kind of current thing that ground to the ground --grounding or something..I have a kitchen full of dirty electricity whatever that is--need to read the readings on the paperwork..But it was a very successful day--just wanted you all to know,,,Some of the readings were :sky high and very dangerous for me and I heard and saw them as well...He did not hear anything but felt the high pressure the minute he walked in and he loved my little home as well--this made me feel good.. My readings we got down to 700 and the Canadian medical people--need to get the name of the organization for you suggests about ---get this-----10 ...This day was a eye opener and wanted to share this with you all..clancey

Reactions: SpaceBus
If you are set on getting windows, let me note this: rather than spending a lot of money on premium windows, see if you can add a foil to the windows that reflects RF. Like window tinting in cars, there have to be foils you can stick on (the inside) of windows that contain a conductive layer. They will be a little darker (not necessarily as dark as car window tinting), but it should be way cheaper than getting new windows.

(I also do hope the inspector is not the one selling the solutions to the problems he found - that'd be a conflict of interest...)

Reactions: sloeffle
The house inspector man was here and what a "eye opener"-- can't write too much because getting use to a key pad until I have buy a mouse and hard wire it into my modem as well as a answering machine to messages. I also need a keyboard that will hook up to my computer to type on.. He spent five hours here today and I have paperwork about the "readings" that I need to read yet--I am exhausted for I helped him all the way.,,,My aluminum siding is protecting the house from the high energy readings but my front windows are "off the wall" and he suggested "newer preminum windows" on the front and painting the door with special paint. I have a lot of dirty electricity in the kitchen and the microwave on went almost "off the edge" when on okay when not on. He could not hear anything but he said that he could feel the pressure when he walked into the house. We brought it down from thousands to just 700 (do not know what kind of waves here for we tested about three different ones--radio, emf. wifi and height levels and we jumped all around--basement, upstairs, poles, every room of the house--meter boxes and water pipes and "old piping that goes around the basement that has some kind of current thing that ground to the ground --grounding or something..I have a kitchen full of dirty electricity whatever that is--need to read the readings on the paperwork..But it was a very successful day--just wanted you all to know,,,Some of the readings were :sky high and very dangerous for me and I heard and saw them as well...He did not hear anything but felt the high pressure the minute he walked in and he loved my little home as well--this made me feel good.. My readings we got down to 700 and the Canadian medical people--need to get the name of the organization for you suggests about ---get this-----10 ...This day was a eye opener and wanted to share this with you all..clancey
What type of inspector was this? And what units was he measuring?

I had a big long paragraph and i deleted it and if I had my printer working i would sent you all the information..He is measuring: RF fields, AC electric fields,AC magnetic fields..Then dirty electricity remediation recommendatons.m and magnetic field recommendations,Then radio frequency fields and measurments. Measured 3g,4g,wifi and wrote down wifi and cordless phone on 650Mhz-10ghz range was 80,000--turn off level reduced to 8,000 and bluetooth and century link router reduced level to 100. Things like door open 2500 and closed 350 --that was under radio freguencey fields..Then he had remediation recommendations like check marks in things..phones, wifi 2.4 gh to oz and goes up the scale here wifi 5.8 ghz and then BT Mouse and WIfi printer and Wifi Ptr Dir Then he has disable wifi by logging onto a router manually each time. Pages and Pages all about stuff and pictures and countries and their references and exposure time, limit based on lower by looks like uW/m2 --for instance--Canada "Safety code 6 table 5 (2015) exposure time-6 minutes limit based on Thermal/Heating Lower by 66x then uw/m2--4,3993,278 Goes on and on about : No concern, Slight concern, Severe Concern and Extreme concern..on and on with paper work and remediations...Like on another paper it says--he wrote in--replace all CFL's ..He applied i Greenwaye filter to correct noise from laptop.. It says--the most effective method of removing this unwanted frequency pollution is to install filtering devices on a dedicated circuit for each of the phases(each hot leg) ahead of the panel. Greenwave, Stetzer, or RxDNA are three filtering options offered by NVN..For assessing dirty electricity he used a oscilloscope as well as a Gigahertz Solutions NFA1000 to observe and measure magnetic fields to determine sources and measure mitigation success..It goes on and on about all kinds of information and this gives you a taste of it..I do not know how to scan and i wish that I could scan all these papers for you all to read but need to be careful here working on a finger pad to move things around until I get a mouse connected..so sorry but best I can share with you for now...The level after migation on my bed was I think 800 and it needs to be brought down--get this--to 10. We are working on getting some kind of kill switches for my bedroom area so that it is lowered at night time as well as a bed curtain that cost a lot of money..He did recommend a steel roof and I said what about the wifi not being able to escape and he said "what wifi--get rid of it"...He said that what they said on the net about all things like wifi staying in the house with siding and a steel roof he disagreed with but at this time we were tired by taking measurement by five different things and he had a walkie talkie or something when he shut the electricity off panel by panel I read him the reading on the walkie talkie or whatever it was---So I been working my forum friends..We also walked the property line and took ground readings as well as up on a hill and the five 5 pole is not too bad but as it gets higher the energy is much much higher as well as the ground level..My windows (1930) in the front is picking up "some machine" and the readings are scary so he advised new better windows for shielding and the pole in the back is a higher level as well. He told me that my siding sure helps and we saw and heard the difference on the different measuring machines..My printer is down and my mouse is gone--boo ho but I am adjusting to all this hard wiring...I still hear the noise but he can't but I do feel the pressure "off my body" and the hairs on my arm does not stand up anymore as well as my eyes are not as dry...We reduced it quite a bit and I do feel better but we intend to reduce it even more with different things suggested..He asked me how long I had that wifi and then he said "you will experience some toxic withdraw for awhile but then you will sleep so much better and not feel so stressed out..I hope this helps..clancey

Do you live near an FM Radio tower? Interesting that you mentioned dryness of the eyes. You mentioned one window was from the 30's and now I'm thinking that your house has very old wiring with poor shielding/insulation. What does your breaker box look like? Perhaps only the old crappy wiring is in the kitchen. When my tankless water heater first kicks on my lights will flicker and any electrical appliance will buzz, but after a few seconds it stops. I can also hear the buzzing at the pole transformer if I'm outside. Haven't been able to figure out exactly why.

Never thought that I would believe any of this stuff., but I saw the 'readings" and heard the "sounding". Believe me with these loud type of sounding noises you really get alert--lol...All over the house different so you do find your "safe spots".. I have two boxes of electric stuff. Years ago one could buy some kind of a one deal part to where you could attach everything to one box. About four years ago I switched from a gas stove to a electric stove and rearranged my kitchen because I wanted the sink in front of the window on the north wall because if it ever leaked or anything wanted it to a out side wall rather than in the middle area of the house., and also did not want gas any more figuring electric was cleaner and I have a smooth stove top now that I love--all you do is wipe them off.. Well any way they did not sell the "thingy" that enabled the wiring to be on one box so the electrician had to put in a second box and of course my stove is 220. So I have one atold box and one newer box. All the wiring in the house was replaced about 25 years ago and they took it out of metal piping that ran all up through the attic having that cloth type of wiring inside the cast iron piping. ( circa 1926 house registered in 1930). So I have all new wiring from about 1992..I put a attic in with a flooring and insulated walls and ceiling and a window. I use this for storage by going up "crappy" steps that we built in with hand railing made of piping. The steps are crappy because we had a big brick exhaust chimney in the way..not regulation is what I mean by crappy steps. He told me that the insulation siding is really helping me a lot and I certainly heard and saw the difference with his numerous gadgets for measuring. The highest readings--real high--was in the front in front of those three "old" windows and he wants me to replace those when I get a chance and some extra money and it is a direct three car length about from the 5 g pole and the newer windows now have some kind of shielding on them..We first discussed shutters then taping of something over the glass but they are the only old ones left in the house so in time I will get new ones as well as a steel roof--someday I will have to have it financed at this point or not if I do not do it--I am not twenty and old age and the beyond awaits me and us so the best that i can do is to know where all this energy is impacting my health. There are three windows of concern..The door open had a high reading but closed dropped down to about 300-350.. so if we paint the door with the special stuff it might drop down even more closed, My bedroom is in the front and our efforts are because of dirty electricity to have a kill switch for night time so that I can sleep better and feel safer from all this energy world. They do have those bed canopies that they sell that drop the emf or electric measurements down to almost 0. There is only so much one can do about this energy world out here but i do want to have a break from it at least at night time if it will help my health and let me sleep better. The main culprit in the houses is the wifi and those counts are "off the wall"...as well as those "smart meters"--off the wall...The problem is in the city you have neighbors as well with all the services so it is nearly impossible to cut it down even further. There are a lot of health problems that are caused by this new technology and young children and babies are very very vulnerable to all of this new way..,In our nation there are maybe about 4 or 5 emf and energy free communities and there will be more of this I am sure unless you go off the grid or something or have no neighbors and plenty of trees. I am using my mouse pad now to move my keys around because my other mouse had wifi. He told me to get a new keyboard and a new mouse with hard wiring to attach to my computer now. This keyboard that I am typing on is "off the wall" with the meter count and he wants me further from it.. He is a real health nut and he plays ice hockey and a specimen to see---lol lol.. i imagine you electric and DYI special people can get a so called "kill switch" for a real cheap price but for me it would cost about 250 with the plumber to connect it. I hope I answered some of your questions anyway spacey for that's all I know...not much here...lol I paid this man 195 dollars for the visit and then about two hundred more on top so it cost about 400 dollars in total...I say this is well worth this because he got here at ten am and he left here at about rush hour 4 or 5 so we were all day at this thing putting filters in getting rid of wifi and hard wiring things well worth it just to be aware of happenings with your home. Bye the way---last night I fell asleep in my chair slept "sound" all night and woke up with no dry mouth or dry eyes...just by hard wiring my communication systems and getting rid of wifi. Maybe it is just a coincidence because I had plenty of exercise yesterday but I do not think so but that's me..I feel "great" today...The hairs on my arms are not stuck up no more as well...I still here the sound and it might very well be a medical ear condition and I am also checking that out. But as far as this service knowing about my home--------excellent...old mrs clancey