Hum again. Moving a House?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Having trouble with this "crap"--need my computer put back the way it was...Too old to change my technology as this stage of my life--set in my ways...lol That house and lighthouse is beautiful.. Did they change the forum format? If they did it sucks....It might be my computer right now and if it is I apologize for thinking the forum sucks...old mrs clancey

Switching my computer modes has been a real learning experience here..Need to learn a new way of posting in this forum and its difficult...Its like having the forum posting (I think) from the old days use...I think...There is no such category now of who is on or off the forum and no recent activity unless you push 3 lines on the left side to get the categories up--a trip I tell you...At first I thought they threw me "off the forum" because they got mad at me--lol..This emf stuff is making my brain small...Well anyway...The moving company has not called me yet so today I will call them just to inquire about the situation...and keep you all posted..clancey

For the past 4 years all I had to do was call voice mail and it was good, as of yesterday I now have to enter a password to access voice mail. ( new protocols). Just what I need another flipping password, can't remember them, even write them down then lose that, or computer up chucks and that file they are listed in is lost. So you are not the only one with technology problems. I am not a slouch on this stuff either, but I do get stuck every so often. Chasing a ground fault at home, as well as some sort of loop. Haven't been able to isolate it yet. Likely oxidized connection/s somewhere.

I am not computer literate here and this stuff is so hard for me and I really feel for you because it does get so so frustrating at times..but things will straighten out in time and we will all say--I should have known that--how simple..I called up the phone company to complain about my e-mail and spent about two hours with a person trying to get them to help me make my writing smaller on my e-mail because it took up the whole page and I could not get it...She said go to preferences so I did and then she said--there should be a apply button and i said the writing is so big I cannot get to that section..and she did not know what to do to help me--well I had a computer person come over here (of course you have to pay them) and he just told me how to do it---share here with you all--press control and the plus and minus buttons on the top of your keys (where the numbers are) and that takes care of it...This high tech new culture I am just not ready for and it is aggravating to say the least...I had to laugh because that bhollar said good luck to me on the message for help I left him after I explained the situation of letters too large and what exactly happened--I had a good smile and wrote back --I will need it...clancey

I am not computer literate here and this stuff is so hard for me and I really feel for you because it does get so so frustrating at times..but things will straighten out in time and we will all say--I should have known that--how simple..I called up the phone company to complain about my e-mail and spent about two hours with a person trying to get them to help me make my writing smaller on my e-mail because it took up the whole page and I could not get it...She said go to preferences so I did and then she said--there should be a apply button and i said the writing is so big I cannot get to that section..and she did not know what to do to help me--well I had a computer person come over here (of course you have to pay them) and he just told me how to do it---share here with you all--press control and the plus and minus buttons on the top of your keys (where the numbers are) and that takes care of it...This high tech new culture I am just not ready for and it is aggravating to say the least...I had to laugh because that bhollar said good luck to me on the message for help I left him after I explained the situation of letters too large and what exactly happened--I had a good smile and wrote back --I will need it...clancey
I am really not a tech guy. I can figure it out on my own when I am looking at the device but I am not someone who can just tell you what to do with computers etc without seeing it.

I am really not a tech guy. I can figure it out on my own when I am looking at the device but I am not someone who can just tell you what to do with computers etc without seeing it.
It changes with the particular operating system as well- example xp vs 7 or10 for that matter 7 to 10, never got into the Mac stuff but likely the same. Been around this stuff since you had to type in command lines ( which is some cases is simpler than trying to figure where they hid something in these new fangled graphical systems.

I made a call to my computer person and waiting for him to call back--he is the mobile type that comes to your house..I decided to take a stand and today I went shopping and got a "corded" telephone that has a message machine and speaker built into it as well as a "corded" key board and a corded mouse..So we will see what he can do with all this by way of hooking it up so that I can keep the wifi off..I am not going down without a fight here---lol lol.. If it does not work out then I will just have to have the wifi back...Today I took a tour around the area and it is depressing...2 blocks away there is a hugh 5 G thing and i will take pictures..On the next block they have another pole and right in the back of me two blocks away they put up a huge--meaning--huge--steel tower that I never saw before and will take some pictures down the road. Brand new society and culture coming into the cities--getting ready for the electric cars--no driver as well as they plug things in under the road--no wonder I hear humming sounds but so far no one hears it but me..but I hear it city wide--terrible and the doctor seems to think my ears are fine..Next on the list is metal guards for the windows to help instead of replacing them for the newer ones..They have them at home depot and they might work but need to ask the gadget man..I am also ordering a bed canopy but waiting awhile on that maybe in a few months...Moving company never called me back and I got lax and did not call them again but I will. Too busy shopping for "stuff" today...Keep you all posted...Its okay bh because I know nothing about these machines--very little and my computer person is soooooo grumpy but seems very talented...I guess that's why they call them geeks..--yea I need the luck--lol clancey

I made a call to my computer person and waiting for him to call back--he is the mobile type that comes to your house..I decided to take a stand and today I went shopping and got a "corded" telephone that has a message machine and speaker built into it as well as a "corded" key board and a corded mouse..So we will see what he can do with all this by way of hooking it up so that I can keep the wifi off..I am not going down without a fight here---lol lol.. If it does not work out then I will just have to have the wifi back...Today I took a tour around the area and it is depressing...2 blocks away there is a hugh 5 G thing and i will take pictures..On the next block they have another pole and right in the back of me two blocks away they put up a huge--meaning--huge--steel tower that I never saw before and will take some pictures down the road. Brand new society and culture coming into the cities--getting ready for the electric cars--no driver as well as they plug things in under the road--no wonder I hear humming sounds but so far no one hears it but me..but I hear it city wide--terrible and the doctor seems to think my ears are fine..Next on the list is metal guards for the windows to help instead of replacing them for the newer ones..They have them at home depot and they might work but need to ask the gadget man..I am also ordering a bed canopy but waiting awhile on that maybe in a few months...Moving company never called me back and I got lax and did not call them again but I will. Too busy shopping for "stuff" today...Keep you all posted...Its okay bh because I know nothing about these machines--very little and my computer person is soooooo grumpy but seems very talented...I guess that's why they call them geeks..--yea I need the luck--lol clancey
What exactly do you think they are doing to prep for electric cars? Public chargers are really the only thing

Yea I think if they pass the trillions of dollars bill in congress for infrastructure that the money would be there for it but I do not want them to pass it...Just those round things under the streets looks funny but cannot ask what they are but I think they have something to do with driver less cars or trucks or something but I just do not know..I think they are planning to try to have in the bill something like installing electric fill stations and have people pay for miles or something---I could be wrong on this --not sure--complicated and it has to do with fees for highway keep up but not sure at this point.. I hope both bills as a whole package "fails to pass". I also hope they take out that section with financing electric cars by paying for the miles....Don't like either one--so we will see how all this turns out...Don't know much here or even if it is right...But I really think those things are for some kind of remote services or something else --don't know at this point..clancey

Perhaps before forming opinions about a topic you should be more informed. How can you be sure all of this stuff is going to be bad or a waste of taxpayer money if you don't even know how it works?

There are two bills in congress right now---one is a kind of a human spending bill with lots of spending that our country cannot quite afford at this time for we are in debt so so bad. The second bill which was passed by the senate went to congress and they are attaching it to the human bill package (forget the name of it but it is mostly for social programs) and going to vote on them together but it has not been officially passed yet (as a whole package or a single)...The republicans and democrats in the senate passed the info structure that our country really needs but I am against it at this time..On that bill is a lot of stuff our country does not need one in my opinion I am against is setting up electric charging stations and let the tax payers pay the tax as they charge up and this tax would go to road maintenance and the deductions that we are allowed to take would change--they have a name for this but cannot remember the name about the taxing..These bills are thousands of pages long and no one has had really enough of time to look at the whole package in order to make informed decisions about them so I say separate the bills and vote on them single when congress gets back in session., but their agenda will be to ram it through and I am against the first one (mostly social help in society and lots of other things that even you would not vote on) The second bill the info structure is much needed but it has a lot of things that in my opinion should not be on that bill...That's how I see it.. Now in regard to my humming and moving problem both of these situations I cannot control-----sad. sad. The humming for me is most likely here to stay (maybe just me) and the moving the house would cost a whole bunch of money if I went to another state that is less populated and like someone posted that I would have to fix the site there as well to get it ready in order to hook up..---so that idea is out..The only other option is if I just sell this house and move to another area and this is looking good to me right now..But not this year...maybe next if my health stays okay...As far as trying to make less impact on my body with the emf's I am doing the best that I can for I have gotten rid of wifi and I am using corded everything on my copper line that I would not let them take away because once they do they never install one back..So I guess I am fortunate there for this house and don't need fiber or wifi which have very high readings with emf's and other measurements and we can only measure so far--the utilities company have equipment that measure to the exact degree. So this all is just how one believes and that's fine for we still have that freedom but one thing I can say with true judgement and honesty --I sleep better and I have been dreaming and have not dream"t in years..this gospel...Next comes the grumpy computer person to hook up the message phone that is corded...clancey

I will not comment on the off topic political mentions, but I do want to note that your remark about fiber (having high emf readings) can NOT be more wrong. Fiber is glass, and the signal going thru it is light. In fact "stove warmth" light (infrared).

If your inspector said things connecting fiber to emf, "fire" him as he truly is scamming you.

There are two bills in congress right now---one is a kind of a human spending bill with lots of spending that our country cannot quite afford at this time for we are in debt so so bad. The second bill which was passed by the senate went to congress and they are attaching it to the human bill package (forget the name of it but it is mostly for social programs) and going to vote on them together but it has not been officially passed yet (as a whole package or a single)...The republicans and democrats in the senate passed the info structure that our country really needs but I am against it at this time..On that bill is a lot of stuff our country does not need one in my opinion I am against is setting up electric charging stations and let the tax payers pay the tax as they charge up and this tax would go to road maintenance and the deductions that we are allowed to take would change--they have a name for this but cannot remember the name about the taxing..These bills are thousands of pages long and no one has had really enough of time to look at the whole package in order to make informed decisions about them so I say separate the bills and vote on them single when congress gets back in session., but their agenda will be to ram it through and I am against the first one (mostly social help in society and lots of other things that even you would not vote on) The second bill the info structure is much needed but it has a lot of things that in my opinion should not be on that bill...That's how I see it.. Now in regard to my humming and moving problem both of these situations I cannot control-----sad. sad. The humming for me is most likely here to stay (maybe just me) and the moving the house would cost a whole bunch of money if I went to another state that is less populated and like someone posted that I would have to fix the site there as well to get it ready in order to hook up..---so that idea is out..The only other option is if I just sell this house and move to another area and this is looking good to me right now..But not this year...maybe next if my health stays okay...As far as trying to make less impact on my body with the emf's I am doing the best that I can for I have gotten rid of wifi and I am using corded everything on my copper line that I would not let them take away because once they do they never install one back..So I guess I am fortunate there for this house and don't need fiber or wifi which have very high readings with emf's and other measurements and we can only measure so far--the utilities company have equipment that measure to the exact degree. So this all is just how one believes and that's fine for we still have that freedom but one thing I can say with true judgement and honesty --I sleep better and I have been dreaming and have not dream"t in years..this gospel...Next comes the grumpy computer person to hook up the message phone that is corded...clancey
Ok but how does any of that imply the metal plates in the road have anything to do with electric or self driving cars. At this point there are no vehicles using any technology like that so it makes no sense.

As far as giving money to help setup a charging network I tend to agree that private industry should be doing that. But if we are going to give oil companies $20 billion a year in subsidies why not give some to help move towards alternatives.

I will not comment on the off topic political mentions, but I do want to note that your remark about fiber (having high emf readings) can NOT be more wrong. Fiber is glass, and the signal going thru it is light. In fact "stove warmth" light (infrared).

If your inspector said things connecting fiber to emf, "fire" him as he truly is scamming you.
Very true I missed that one. In fact old fashioned copper wiring can have quite high efms if there is an issue with the way it's wired.

Reactions: stoveliker
press control and the plus and minus buttons on the top of your keys (where the numbers are) and that takes care of it...This high tech new culture I am just not ready for and it is aggravating to say the least...I had to laugh because that bhollar said good luck to me on the message for help I left him after I explained the situation of letters too large and what exactly happened--I had a good smile and wrote back --I will need it...clancey
If you want to go back to the default web browser view hit ctrl / control 0. :)

Reactions: bholler
No I said that because I had fiber and had them take it out after a long time discussion with the utility company because the area that I had it in with packed with different equipment like for instance boxes for each item that I had--one for my tv and one for my computer and one for my telephone that they finally had to truncate on another line because I would not let them take my copper line out and another type of box that did something else--had to build a shelf for all this equipment with wiring and the whole bit...Fiber is so so much faster but it was not something that I needed for my home..The kick off was that when they had phone people hooking up services they would shut off a box a few blocks away to work on (I guess) people's homes and putting fiber in my boxes would all shut down and I would have "nothing" no tv and no phone and no computer--nothing--so what I had to do was unplug the outlets and pray that when I re plugged them in that all the little green lights on these four or five (modems whatever they are) would all have their green lights because if not I had to go through the same thing again-------hated it----------and got rid of fiber with their glass line as well..,,So you say there is no emf's I do not know but I do know this area of the modems or whatever they are got really warm and really dusty and all those wires got all entangled with all the other wires and for me "terrible" and having that in my home was a night mare and my health "I feel" was affected maybe "not" and no emf"s you say --you could be right I do not know but I do not want it---all those modems or whatever that are--have some kind of electricity running through them and I just bet that electricity adds up as well as creating "dirty electricity" not for me...clancey

Last edited:
No I said that because I had fiber and had them take it out after a long time discussion with the utility company because the area that I had it in with packed with different equipment like for instance hook boxes for each item that I had--one for my tv and one for my computer and one for my telephone that they finally had to truncate on another line because I would not let them take my copper line out and another type of box that did something else--had to build a shelf for all this equipment with wiring and the whole bit...Fiber is so so much faster but it was not something that I needed for my home..The kick off was that when they had phone people hooking up services they would shut off a box a few blocks away to work on (I guess) people's homes and putting fiber in my boxes would all shut down and I would have "nothing" no tv and no phone and no computer--nothing--so what I had to do was unplug the outlets and pray that when I re plugged them in that all the little green lights on these four or five (modems whatever they are) would all have their green lights because if not I had to go through the same thing again-------hated it----------and got rid of fiber with their glass line as well..,,So you say there is no emf's I do not know but I do know this area of the modems or whatever they are got really warm and really dusty and all those wires got all entangled with all the other wires and for me "terrible" and having that in my home was a night mare and my health "I feel" was affected maybe "not" and no emf"s you say --you could be right I do not know but I do not want it---all those modems or whatever that are--have some kind of electricity running through them and I just bet that electricity adds up as well as creating "dirty electricity" not for me...clancey
I really think you have to start doing some research on this stuff from sources that aren't trying to sell you products to fix an issue. They have a very vested interest in making sure you believe there is a problem

Reactions: sloeffle
Of course I know that bh but just saying how I see it and also I believe this stuff as well...There is really no real proof on either side just what the authorities tell one and of course "everybody" has their own slant and motivations as well..This man believes in it about all of this type of energy and so do I and we have that in common and I do feel better...You know some people are allergic to electricity --all kinds--and I think that I am one of those people..That's all just trying to make my health a little bit better and feel like I am doing something for my health and psychologically I feel great about all of this.. I do feel the hum and no one else does--this is saying something--maybe its me and that's why I have a neat ear doctor that will separate all of this out..so not only do I have a ear doctor I have a nice family man that believes in the same stuff that I do and accommodated me when I asked for some readings in my house--that's all he made his money and I got the readings--simple it is--so you think that I got took with the money that I spent or that he is a phony heck I did not have to buy all those gadgets for my one time reading and I got the readings and that's all I wanted...I'm happy and you all be happy too--love you my forum experts on all things..lol -Kidding but love you anyway and bless you,,clancey...

Of course I know that bh but just saying how I see it and also I believe this stuff as well...There is really no real proof on either side just what the authorities tell one and of course "everybody" has their own slant and motivations as well..This man believes in it about all of this type of energy and so do I and we have that in common and I do feel better...You know some people are allergic to electricity --all kinds--and I think that I am one of those people..That's all just trying to make my health a little bit better and feel like I am doing something for my health and psychologically I feel great about all of this.. I do feel the hum and no one else does--this is saying something--maybe its me and that's why I have a neat ear doctor that will separate all of this out..so not only do I have a ear doctor I have a nice family man that believes in the same stuff that I do and accommodated me when I asked for some readings in my house--that's all he made his money and I got the readings--simple it is--so you think that I got took with the money that I spent or that he is a phony heck I did not have to buy all those gadgets for my one time reading and I got the readings and that's all I wanted...I'm happy and you all be happy too--love you my forum experts on all things..lol -Kidding but love you anyway and bless you,,clancey...
There is part of the problem not accepting the hard scientific data doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I mean allot of the stuff I read from the sites selling solutions talked about corrosion of people's DNA. Really???

lol--we just have to keep searching for the right answer maybe my thread here should be called: "one step beyond"--lol...In the meanwhile I have to learn to use the computer with a corded version and you should see all of these cords as I complained about cords--terrible--wifi is so much more cleaner and more simple too so keeping up with the modern times is more efficient for "everybody" and "faster" too..I just do not want it in my home and now i am searching the net for a canopy bed that's a lot of money but I think that I could make one if I could get a good deal on the material...another diy project here...The window change is out because I can get screening and put that up on the outside if I go that route..So I have plenty of one step beyond things to think about.. lol Or we could call this thread: Ripleys believe it or not...old mrs clancey.

I agree with what was posted earlier. About trying cheap foil over the windows, and maybe the bed. See if it works or not. If it doesn’t help then you’re not out much. If it really does help then you can invest in real window additions and a canopy.

Yea I am going to go cheap at first and might very well try the foil on the windows especially that one because of such a high reading and noise by the gadget he used to measure..He was very surprised that the walls did not register too high and he said the aluminum siding is really knocking it down. My bed was quite high in the different areas and we moved it to another area and managed to get the readings a bit lower,,we are working on all of this mostly by telephone (no charge) just discussing a plan of action. I want to share with all of you that I got a neat corded keyboard that lights up as well as a corded mouse that I love but the thing is I hooked all this up myself and saved some money and cancelled the computer man--the grumpy one..lol..my message machine phone was already corded and I tested it and it works just fine so I returned the new one back to the store..I have wires and I hate wires but I do sleep better at night time and can feel the difference on my skin somehow...This website looks real different like from years ago or something and the print is huge--and there are things that I no longer can see but that's okay but one thing you will not believe is this I am sure so we will file it under Ripleys believe it or not..lol...My computer is "faster" unbelievable but it is and even the computer man mentioned it and was surprised. So I work on this little by little and I do sleep better and my eyes seem better and you know I went into Best Buy and was looking at all the different gadgets around the computer areas with all the computers hooked up and you know what (ripleys again) my eyes started actually tearing to where i had to wipe them with a hanky..Tomorrow maybe I will take a picture of all the wires--how exciting maybe my tomato too,,clancey

Well right now I decided that I am just too old to move and I am set in my ways..Maybe the ear doctor will come up with a good set of ear plugs or something but I can still feel it --the hum noise...No one hears it as of yet so I am beginning to think it is just me..I took a trip around the neighborhood and what I discovered is a eye opener especially in the way of towers and lamp postings..In this area there are many of them and the higher one goes up the more powerful the energy readings are at least that's what it looks like to me..
Now here we go--"one step beyond" ooooooaaaa...I decided to put shungite tile on my wood stove walls and this is solid black and preparing to price out some tile layers this week. Also I called up a aluminum screening company and they will give me an estimate after the holidays when they can get here..Just wanted you all to know what I am up to this week...Have a nice holiday and enjoy and eat and rest and get ready for your next work load...clancey

Last edited:
Here is a interesting video on shungite something I was going to back my wood stove wall with but now I changed my mind because of this video...Doing my believe it or not informational gathering... Bottom line metal works just as good...so off to get some pretty color choices for the stove backing..clancey.

Would copper sheeting be okay for a wall backing for a wood stove or would it get too hot and maybe need spacers for it?
Thanks clancey