I found an englander at lowes!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SPED

Hearth Supporter
Dec 31, 2007
Ok, so I was determined not to give up yet....

Last friday when I went looking, the guy at my local lowes called a few other ones for me while I stood there, he was real helpful must have spent a half hour helping me. So I called only ones that he didn't when I got home. So....

This morning I decide, what the heck I'm going through the list again, after checking online the lowes near me and one about 10 min away still show limited availability and the rest show out of stock. So the one near me says no, no surprise there. I call the one 10 min away, the guy says yeah I got one floor model. I politely say can you please double check the model number and all I don't want the century hearth. So he does, says yep I'm lookin at it, it's the one. So I say thanks see ya in 10 min.

So I jump in the truck and the whole way I'm thinking this is too good to be true, it won't be there. But I get there and lo and behold there it be. So all the staff is in their morning meeting by the customer service desk. So I take the time to look it over, seems to be in pretty good shape, legs are inside, few scratches on the outside, nothing I can't live with, couple chipped bricks.

So the guy comes over, I say i'm the one who talked to you on the phone I'll take it. I don't ask about an additional discount, I'm just happy to find it. So he grabs another guy and they start talking about getting it on a pallet, bringing it to me etc. So he gives me the ticket off it, and is gonna meet me at the contractor register with it.

So I'm walking away thinking jeez, maybe I should've pushed for an extra discount.... So I'm walking by paint, and there's my wifes cousin who's a manager of seasonal and some other depts. So I stop to say hi, we bs for a min, I tell him what i'm buying. I say "well I didn't wanna push for more off on the floor model since it's half off" He says "Did you pay for it yet?" "Nope gonna do that now" "Let me see that ticket" Bingo extra 10% off.......... So 405 for the stove....

Ok that was kind of a long story, sorry just real excited!!!! Thank you Brother Bart for the heads up!!!! I'll start another thread on my coming install soon, but first I'm gonna RTFM ;-)

Less than a buck a pound!
Now all you need is some dry hardwood, nice find!

Woohoo! Way to go.

Hmm, I can just see it next season. This place is going to be reeking with Englander smugness. And I thought the PE crowd was tough.. :coolsmile:

babalu87 said:

haha didn't even think of that, but i'll be sure to tell the wife that when she comes home and sees it in the truck, got some nice red oak that i'm stackin now for next year, and my new moisture meter to keep an eye on it(it's about 30% right now)

BeGreen said:
Woohoo! Way to go.

Hmm, I can just see it next season. This place is going to be reeking with Englander smugness. And I thought the PE crowd was tough.. :coolsmile:

Oh no you didn't just say that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO
I resemble BOTH those remarks, so what category of gloating, smug group do I fit in???????
I want my own room, you peasants are beneath the great Summlander burner :) LMFAO
I will be hearing it from both sides now, ;)

You lucked out man, I tried for floor model discount at one store that only that one left, and they told me it was already marked down 50%, no more disounts. So I drove another 25 miles away for a new non floor model, same price.

SPED said:
babalu87 said:

haha didn't even think of that, but i'll be sure to tell the wife that when she comes home and sees it in the truck, got some nice red oak that i'm stackin now for next year, and my new moisture meter to keep an eye on it(it's about 30% right now)

Stacked single file facing to the South/Southwest and cover the tops, it'll be ready come Winter.

BeGreen said:
Woohoo! Way to go.

Yeah, I see an annual conference in Monroe in the making here. National user's group. Hats and tee shirts. Annual longest burn contest etc.

Conference started every year with a rally in the parking lot of a Lowe's store in Lynchburg.

Sooner or later, we will have our first member that drives 1000 miles to pick up their 50% off stove - therefore managing to burn more gas and time than it would cost them to get a Mansfield. That is the one I really want to hear about!
:coolsmile:

You guys are worse than a bunch of women at the annual Nordstrom sale! Drunk with pleasure as you "beat the system" (while the system laughs back at you).

Webmaster said:
Sooner or later, we will have our first member that drives 1000 miles to pick up their 50% off stove - therefore managing to burn more gas and time than it would cost them to get a Mansfield. That is the one I really want to hear about!

You guys are worse than a bunch of women at the annual Nordstrom sale! Drunk with pleasure as you "beat the system" (while the system laughs back at you).

Toooooo Fin funny Web. Glad i was empty mouthed upon reading that.
Give it to da man !!!!!!!!! LOL

And BB, count me in, just make sure it DONESN'T conflict with the PE get together ;)

Webmaster said:

Does paying full price and having it shipped 1,700 miles count? :coolgrin:

BrotherBart said:
Webmaster said:

And painting, curing, & putting in 2x & pulling out 1x, don't forget to figure in the labor of love ;)
I remember a roofing motto we had. "We do it nice, but we do it twice". :)

Hogwildz said:
I remember a roofing motto we had. "We do it nice, but we do it twice". :)

When I was a contractor (the 70's), the big thing was to put fake beams on the ceiling - distressed wood....
So we would make the beams from 1x and then beat them with chains, hammers, screwdrivers, etc. before staining.

We came up for a word for that - and for any of our botch jobs - We "rustiqued" those beams.

We also fantasized about Jaws Construction Co, a possible new name instead of Craig Issod, Carpentry.

BrotherBart said:
Webmaster said:

The limited edition GoldenFire Brown model

No, no it doesnt.

Web, that reminds me of a guy at work (actually he is really just an old child) who used to drive to the New Hampshire liquor store to save a few bucks on a case of beer.
Mind you this was back when fuel was less than $2/gallon and he still thought he was making out until we showed him the math in black and white.
Best part of this guys math was he would make that trip to buy A CASE, not two, three or four but ONE CASE.

Even if they spend the 50% that is being saved on the stove in fuel its a nice way to spend an afternoon.
They can also note good wood scrounging spots on the way ;)

BrotherBart said:
Webmaster said:

LOL I'm glad there are pioneers out there. Lewis and Clark did it the hard way too. Saved me a lot of hassle.

BrotherBart said:
BeGreen said:
Woohoo! Way to go.

Yeah, I see an annual conference in Monroe in the making here. National user's group. Hats and tee shirts. Annual longest burn contest etc.

Conference started every year with a rally in the parking lot of a Lowe's store in Lynchburg.

Hmmm tailgating at lowes? I'll bring the beer, who's on food?

BeGreen said:
LOL I'm glad there are pioneers out there. Lewis and Clark did it the hard way too. Saved me a lot of hassle.

Ya know what they say. You can always tell the pioneers. They are the ones with the arrows in their chest.

BrotherBart said:
BeGreen said:

Ya know what they say. You can always tell the pioneers. They are the ones with the arrows in their chest.
And no hair on the lid ;)

LOL :lol: LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.