Inefficiency of burning wet wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the old Americana pieces- I add a little twist in decoration or glaze. Many of those were salt glazed (as noted- gives an orange peel effect)- but that salt or soda also interacts with the bricks in the kiln, so eventually it will need to be repaired/replaced.

Any photos of the work, would love to see them, You said the glaze will eventually need to be repaired or replaced. We have lots of old glazed jugs. (with the blue decoration) and the glaze all seems to be in great condition. Could you elaborate on this. How come the glaze has not deteriorated on these old jugs? Should we expect it to? Sometimes we find great ones that are damaged.(chips) can these be repaired / restored?

I think AP was talking about the brickwork in the kiln, not the product. Rick

AP, good and interesting sideline, but far from the OP. I'd like to relocate the pottery specific info to a new thread if that is ok with you.

BeGreen said:
AP, good and interesting sideline, but far from the OP. I'd like to relocate the pottery specific info to a new thread if that is ok with you.

Maybe a whole new room for the potters? Maybe title it something like Pyros and Potters, and what they have in common?

sonnyinbc said:
BeGreen said:

Maybe a whole new room for the potters? Maybe title it something like Pyros and Potters, and what they have in common?

How about "hot jugs and such"? :cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.