Nor'easter coming: Schools Being Called Off!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shari said:
Okay, a couple of pictures:

Under the camo tarp is our woodpile. The railing next to it is set on cement blocks so the pile is about 5' tall x 7 rows 8' long. That's one of our son's who was gracious enough to come out and help clear the snow. As a scale with the depth of snow, our son is over 6' tall and the snow is almost knee deep for him.

Shari
Got to love it!

Well I've got close to a foot so far. I just had to go out and find the dog. She had curled up in a drift and was a doggie igloo. Nothing like calling your dog and see a drift sprout legs. She loves the snow, but also loves to track it through the house. Too bad the tractors in the shop. I'll actually have to hire a plow. Its just won't feel right.

School was called off for us as well, but didn't start till about noon. Now the snow is going pretty good and I need to get more wood tomorrow. Really should find a way to store more wood in the house. Right now I can have 2 days worth inside, but it is now down to one and need to get more tomorrow, should be an adventure.

That's where a 'wood car' comes in handy.
The lastest version in the third space in the garage is 1 row wider.
But now, alas, even that has a dent in it now.

index.php

Status
Not open for further replies.