Want to install a woodstove- overwhelmed!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I am new to the wood stove world but got a VC Dauntless installed in August. So far I am very happy with it and I love the top loading option. The VC Intrepid is a bit smaller and I believe it like slightly shorter splits - something to keep in mind when getting your wood. In the Dauntless (and I think the Intrepid) the ash pan holder swings out from underneath and I just dump the ashes into an ash can I keep on the hearth. I empty the ash pan and clean the glass mornings after we used the stove. I don't have enough wood this year to burn all the time so I am just using the stove on colder evenings. We have had a surprisingly mild fall here but now its cooling down:) Good luck with your purchase:)