What's your favorite BEER?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dafattkidd

Minister of Fire
Dec 11, 2007
Long Island
We are all always talking about how beer goes so well with splitting wood, stacking wood and best of all burning wood.

I am a lover of beer. Currently, I'm drinking one of my favorites, Hoegaarden. I've been really loving Stella lately also. I go through fazes, but Hoegaarden always seems to be at the top of the list.

So what are some of your favorite beers?

stellaartois.jpg hoe-glass_bottle-highres-470x671.jpg

Last edited:
Home brew..Williams Nut brown Ale or their Apricot Ale
My wife bought me a home brewing kit for Christmas from the Brooklyn Brewery. Looking forward to brewing at home.

Everybody around here for a while knows my favorite brew. The fifth largest selling beer in the world. But I do enjoy me some Amstel on occasion.

firebox.jpg

Member Gamma Ray drinks Dogfishhead IPA. Couldn't wait to give it a try. In the hotel bar at the get together in DC I ordered one. Nasty stuff and I gave it to BG. Who seemed to enjoy it. Bought a case of Yuengling because people here love it so much. Thought it should be put back in the cat. Gave most of the case to a neighbor.

I guess I just can't appreciate good beer. ;em

Reactions: dafattkidd
Everybody around here for a while knows my favorite brew. The fifth largest selling beer in the world. But I do enjoy me some Amstel on occasion.

View attachment 123844
I love this picture. We used to get these in high school because they were the cheapest swill we could get our hands on.

I love this picture. We used to get these in high school because they were the cheapest swill we could get our hands on.

You should have been better shoppers. ;lol

ETA: There is cheaper swill available these days.

Got a chuckle down in Texas two weeks ago. In a liquor store they had Gennesse for twenty bucks a 12 pack. $15 for a 30 pack here. Being "imported" must make a difference.

Usually keep a supply of Coors on hand but most offerings from Brooklyn are good as is Bluepoint ale. Just finished off my Spaten Optimator and have one Trappiste left.

I like this one a lot, really nice lager.
08066095683.jpg

On tap, Hofbrau lager is probably my favorite. Wife and I stopped at the Hofbrauhaus Saturday night and had a couple of the 1 liter size lagers and as always, it was excellent.

Mainstays are Coors Light and Bush Light. Our beer drinking careers wouldn't last long if we drank the strong stuff all the time.

Never met a beer I wouldn't drink.:cool:
I wouldn't drink any of those mentioned or pictured so far.

In the fridge right now:

Weirbacher Blithering Idiot
La Trappe Quadrupel
Maredsous Tripel
Grimbergen Dubbel
Affligem Blonde
Weirbacher Imperial Pumpkin (seasonal leftover)
Guiness Draft (for when you don't need 9% ABV)

A favorite? Who can choose?!? If I had to nail just one, I'd say Allagash Curieux, but that could change tomorrow. Delirium Tremens is also very high on the list, and about half the price of Curieux.

Last edited:
Reactions: Osagebndr
I had good luck with ales to start..IPA and laager can be temperature touchy during fermentation

IPA's are ales. I thought they were super easy, as lighter tasting beers show off flavors readily.

Delirium Tremens
Just picked up a 4 pack over the weekend. ==c

IPA's are easy. If the beer turns out crappy, just throw a bunch more hops in it and people will think its awesome.;sick

Reactions: Ashful
We are lucky to have some very good breweries nearby, and I'm surprised to still have local beers to explore.

White Birch Brewing's Hooksett Ale is great
Smuttynose "Finestkind" IPA is my go-to beer, but their Porter is outstanding if you can find it.

Too many locals to mention

usually depends on what i have a taste for, my usualy ho hum "go to" is Miller Lite, though im quite fond of most types of been and ales
my favs include
8 point IPA from Devils Backbone brewery in nelson county Va (just up the road about 20 minutes) they also make a Vienna Lager that is really good
Guiness extra stout,
Stella artois
3rd shift lager is a recently discovered brew i did like when i tried it as well.

not a fan of citrusy beers sometimes it seems tyhe brewer adds so heavy a citrus note that its like drinking beer and lemonade

Likewise. I have a hard time picking a favorite with so many good microbrews to choose from.

I'm a simple bud man.
Ditto. I like many beers, but ipas are too bitter for me. Lagers and pilsners are yummy. To be honest, up at my alma mater there is a brewery called Keeweenaw Brewing Company and they have a bunch of good ones. Their pickaxe blonde has to be my fav. It got me through the latter college years.

Reactions: Seasoned Oak