Yesterday, with the help of SILs 2 & 3, I downloaded an almost-full 5x8 trailer into SIL2's shed.
The blocks on the left are the remainder of a mill scraps load I bought off a buddy of mine. His son had picked it up for a guy, but the deal fell through..I said "Sure, I'll take it." The blocks are two rows deep.
With what she will probably have left over from this year, the wood shown here is getting in the ballpark of what she needs for next year. She's warm-blooded, and lets it get cool in her house..a lot cooler than I can handle. 🥶
She uses the least wood of any of us.
The stuff to the right is the deadstanding but wet White Ash I posted on pg. 7, post #159, that I'm hoping will dry enough over the spring and summer. She's getting rid of the canvas walls, putting siding sheets on the right side of the shed. The front will be 2/3 open. Left side and back, seen in this pic, are the windward sides and will be pre-fab fence with staggered boards, so should allow some air movement (shed is down a valley somewhat, though.)
Facing the camera, on the back wall, is other assorted stuff I've found that is pretty dry...assortment of Mulberry, Black Walnut, Oak, Sass.
And today, I went to SIL1's and cut away part of a dead Post Oak that blew down in the storm. She was concerned about the baby trees that it had pinned to the ground, and I pledged I would do my best to save them. 😏
A lot of what I cut was pretty dry..maybe dry enough to burn, but I didn't have my meter. I'll see when I split it tomorrow.