Cannot get the baffle to drop over the heat tube on a Super insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Sorry , haven’t been around , been working out of town 6 days a week . Yiu guys pretty much nailed it down . Mine was manufactured in 2002. I’ll include a picture of the receipt for some parts . Still can’t find a flame shield , store here ordered it two weeks ago , haven’t gotten an update from them . Any idea where I could find the flame shield in Canada 🇨🇦? I might even attempt to straighten mine tonight .

20A1F430-55DE-4D17-BF55-FF2F91AD7CEE.jpeg

Sorry , haven’t been around , been working out of town 6 days a week . Yiu guys pretty much nailed it down . Mine was manufactured in 2002. I’ll include a picture of the receipt for some parts . Still can’t find a flame shield , store here ordered it two weeks ago , haven’t gotten an update from them . Any idea where I could find the flame shield in Canada 🇨🇦? I might even attempt to straighten mine tonight .

View attachment 302603
Glad you got it sorted out.
Have you reached out to Pacific Energy to check on compatibility? The design on these stoves hasn't changed much through the years, perhaps the flame shield specs for the super and super le match the pacific?

Did you try this company? If no one has one, then a sheet metal shop could cut one up pretty quickly out of stainless. Marine sheetmetal shops almost always have stainless.

Have you reached out to Pacific Energy to check on compatibility? The design on these stoves hasn't changed much through the years, perhaps the flame shield specs for the super and super le match the pacific?
They do.

Removed it today , and it’s just a hunk of plate steel of sort . Wonder if my neighbors excavator ran over it a few times if it would be good enuff 🤷🏻‍♂️

18076588-AE8A-44AA-8F1C-B5E828FBFD88.jpeg 903010A0-1C4B-47AD-A4BA-991E6AC9A5E0.jpeg

That's not too bad. It's just a flame shield. Put it between two boards in a large vice. In a pinch your car might suffice.

I would order a new one. I also wouldn't hesitate to burn with that one until the new one arrives.

Did you try this company? If no one has one, then a sheet metal shop could cut one up pretty quickly out of stainless. Marine sheetmetal shops almost always have stainless.

I have been dealing with this company, no issues and great service. One of the workers heard how far it was for me to drive in to pick up a backordered part & volunteered to meet me at his house as it was at least 60 Km closer to me than their company office/showroom...he got a jar of home made maple syrup as a bonus!

Good to see it's back in action. Is it burning full loads now?

Is it burn time ? And should I still order the new one ?
I probably would have tried it out for another year or two. But it might deform again. Metal can get a memory.