Jotul C450 Air Valve Handle Broke

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jeromuhi

Sep 18, 2017
PNW Oregon Coast
So I had noticed that our air valve on our recently installed C450 had no resistance, so I checked and sure enough, the slide valve had come off the handle, so I adjusted it and tested it a couple times and it worked fine. Fast forward two days later, the handle snapped off, very little resistance at all, but broke clean off. I attempted to remove the bolt securing it, however it's not coming loose at all. What are my options here for replacement or fixing it?

I would call the dealer and ask for replacement and install, both of which should be free of charge to you. I had a minor blower issue when I bought my c550, and dealer stated it was covered as was the cost of chimney guy coming out to fix it.