The Regency CI2600 & CI2700 operation thread

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
How can I tell 100% if the cat is active

The cat should glow orange in the beginning when active.
e8a7338759e3ecfec7f30c1cb22cc749.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had the Ci2600 installed. This is my first stove and i have no prior experience with any wood burning stoves. Having a really difficult time getting it going. Glass is already black. Have my own cut and spit wood. Bought a moisture meter and its showing areoun 17% . My biggest question is if I activate the CAT to early is that a big problem? Im having trouble trying to figure out when to activate it. Also If i close the damper even just a little bit the fire burns out and fills with smoke
When you test your wood you need to split the piece of wood and test the wood on the fresh cut. I suspect the wood still has a high moisture content.

Mine came with the probe. Maybe they are selling them separately now.
I am having an HI400 installed in about 4 weeks, my dealer confirmed specifically that the cat probe is included. If you look at the regency website, it clearly states that it's included. Others here confirm that new stoves come with the probe. One dealer added a $191 line item on the proposal for the cat probe, which is absurd since it's included. They obviously did not get the sale! I would make a stink with your dealer. If your stove is old stock, it possibly also won't have the restrictor plate. Others in this thread have mentioned they suspect regency changed a few other things for newly made stoves besides just the restrictor plate.

Check to see if your cat is crumbling.

Thanks Wolves1. We are almost out of wood. So wanting to get the last few days of good heat and then when all cooled down I will check it. If it does need replaced, any good places online I can buy one or do I have to go through a dealer?

Thanks Wolves1. We are almost out of wood. So wanting to get the last few days of good heat and then when all cooled down I will check it. If it does need replaced, any good places online I can buy one or do I have to go through a dealer?
The name of the company is firecat if it’s under 3 years they cover 100% over they cover a lowering percent every year that passes. Send them the crumbled cat with copy of receipt for the stove.

The name of the company is firecat if it’s under 3 years they cover 100% over they cover a lowering percent every year that passes. Send them the crumbled cat with copy of receipt for the stove.

Thank you! I actually looked up the receipt and we bought the wood burner in 2/2016, so only 2 years old. Once I know we aren't using the fireplace, I will pull it out and check it and return as needed. Thank you very much for the help.

Word of advice, if you feel your blower is louder then when you first purchased the stove, the house does not heat as fast and especially if you have pets that shed. Take the blower out and clean it out the difference is amazing.

Reactions: griam01
Mine is definitely crumbling after 2 seasons... could have been earlier but I didn't notice this until well into our current season. I have attached a pic. I have a couple of questions

1) Should this be happening at all or is this normal wear and tear (See picture).
2) I have not been able to get a fire over 1300 degrees this year and rarely got one over 1200. Last year I could easily get to 1300 degrees. Could this be the culprit?

Thanks in advance!

IMG_2015.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is definitely crumbling after 2 seasons... could have been earlier but I didn't notice this until well into our current season. I have attached a pic. I have a couple of questions

1) Should this be happening at all or is this normal wear and tear (See picture).
2) I have not been able to get a fire over 1300 degrees this year and rarely got one over 1200. Last year I could easily get to 1300 degrees. Could this be the culprit?

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 225995

It should still be under warranty. I need to pull mine out and check it but I have 2 seasons as well now.

I also get smoke like that... it always makes me worried something isn't working properly when I see that. I just posted my cat. has been crumbling a bit so I guess that makes sense that I'm getting more smoke???

Also, I have enough draft that my door can shake if I let it get going too strong without closing the door. Does that sound like a strong or too strong of a draft to everyone else? Thanks!

What stage of the burn are you at?