What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Today was about the same highs in the mid 30s with the feels like in the 20s, pine and couple pieces of juniper today. Tonight headed for somewhere around 10, will be mostly juniper tonight maybe a piece of mahogany maybe a piece of pine

Nothing. Stove got a good cleaning today. Temps have been in the 70s this week in south central NC. Burning season not quite over as the roller coaster temps will start which is typical for March. Probably burn Friday and Saturday.

Nothing. Stove got a good cleaning today. Temps have been in the 70s this week in south central NC. Burning season not quite over as the roller coaster temps will start which is typical for March. Probably burn Friday and Saturday.
Hey neighbor! I'm in north central NC.

Reactions: fvhowler
Low headed for single digits tonight; bottom row left to right juniper mahogany juniper, top row left to right pine juniper pine pine.
26FF1528-4C6D-4612-8E60-3E33EE6B1C65.jpeg

I just left the stove to go cold this morning. It was 33 out but the house was 78 and expecting a high of 50. I will probably be on a one load per day.....maybe two here and there..... schedule for at least the next week with lows just above freezing and highs in the 50s and 60s. With highs like that I'm fine with the heat pump taking over. We have thunderstorms forecasted this weekend.... and when thunderstorms start coming back around after the winter lull...spring is right around the corner down here.

Well since "summer" decided to start this week in WI with temps in the 40's, I've been adjusting my stove loads to small and med sized pieces of oak and cherry. Day and night burns. Any split that's nice and big doesn't go into the stove and remains in the woodpile for future use.

burning a little bit of what's left from this year's stack (spruce), with some poplar and manitoba maple from next year's stacks

Let the stove go out for the first time this season..feels odd...lol...by the end of season I am ready to take a break from it but it is bitter sweet! We are not done burning yet...I will clean the chimney tomorrow and I have a load of oak waiting on stand by...

We have had some warmer temps move in so it is a fire here and there. Temps are going into the 50's today so a small fire in the basement stove just to keep the chill out. Just some small pieces of maple. temps for the coming week are in the 30's and 40's.

I let the stove go cold after the morning load so now I have some red maple in there to give us a little boost and a coal bed before the overnight load. I do not like doing cold start overnight loads...it isn't nearly as effective.

Gordon is enjoying the warmth!

85556.jpeg

why 'not so great'?
The splits were from some rounds that were on their last leg when they went into the stacks, perfect for this type of weather.

We'll be getting colder here starting tomorrow afternoon, we'll start burning a 4 x 4 rack of beech and sugar maple with some ironwood at night.
1614561640280.png