What's your favorite BEER?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Something seasonal tonight...
P_20191222_172332.jpg

Reactions: begreen
My son brought over some Shiner Holiday Cheer. It was quite a surprise. It's a dunkelweizen brewed with peaches and roasted pecans. Not bad for a Christmas beer.
Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 3.18.52 PM.png

Just a Guinness for me...

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Just a Guinness for me...
Guinness is a thing unto itself. It can't be compared or categorized with other beers. It's fantastic, but it's not beer... it's Guinness!

In the last two days we've had Mad Elf, Rude Elf, Woodford Rye, and some 10 year aged Tawney Port. Yeah... it's Christmas!

Reactions: HisTreeNut
Guinness is a thing unto itself. It can't be compared or categorized with other beers. It's fantastic, but it's not beer... it's Guinness!

In the last two days we've had Mad Elf, Rude Elf, Woodford Rye, and some 10 year aged Tawney Port. Yeah... it's Christmas!
Does it have to be Christmas to have fancy drinks....?

Guinness is my fave & go-to brew...although you guys have posted a few I will need to seek out (I also thought there were a few emojis in the posting that did not appear. I am feeling a little too lazy to edit my post).
My brother would always quip when I was younger, "There's beer, and then there's Guinness..."
So this begs the question...what's your favorite everyday go-to brew...and why???

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Well, as you might have seen, I had this in Jakarta last month. From New Zealand. If I hadn't read the label, I would have been convinced it was an IPA. Now, my absolute favorite. Nice citrussy and hoppy. Not for sale in the US, as far as I know.

1577494636069.png

Reactions: AlbergSteve
Does it have to be Christmas to have fancy drinks....?
Nope! But that's probably the only time I have two Christmas beers and Port all in the same week.
Guinness is my fave & go-to brew... So this begs the question...what's your favorite everyday go-to brew...and why???
Good question. I like variety, so I'll never have an "everyday brew", but if I had to narrow it down to just one it'd likely be Allagash Curiuex. I've surely had more of that aged tripel than any other beer in the last five years.

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
That's a loaded question, pun intended! Depends, is it summer, winter...Fat Tug IPA is my go to when I'm out, any time, any where. Fat Tug won favorite BC craft beer and most consumed craft beer in BC, AGAIN this year! At home it's Red Racer IPA in the winter and Red Racer Pale Ale in the summer. But I'm always open to trying something new, especially if it's Belgian.

I am against the hippy crap beer, have tried a few and thought this is what you want the finished product to taste like. You how you can tell if somebody drinks craft beer? You don't need to know how a craft beer drinker will tell you within minutes of meeting them.

These last few yrs after drinking so many great craft beers ,on occasion when regular national brand beer are all thats available, it taste like sulfur water or just plain bad water. Especially any beer with a "lite" in the name. I call it diet beer.

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
My brother would always quip when I was younger, "There's beer, and then there's Guinness..."
So this begs the question...what's your favorite everyday go-to brew...and why???
Not a Guinness fan. The 2 beers i drink more than any other are Innis and Gunn (Bourbon Barrel Scotch ale) and Troegs Troegenator (German Double Bock) . About once a yr i run across a deal on cases of Innis and Gunn , just bought 5 cases.

Screenshot_2020-02-17 Sean is drinking a Tripel by New Trail Brewing Co.pngNew beer this weekend with friends. Smooth tasty Belgian tripel . 8.6 AVB Not yur uncles "light beer."

Reactions: AlbergSteve
allagashbalck.jpgTried a few new brews this week ,this allagash and 2 New Trail beers out of Williamsport PA . The New Trail Tripel and Buzz Saw Porter. Lots of great beer hitting the market. The allagash was very good as always. Both New Trail brews are very good ,the tripel is outstanding! Case of Curieux was $106 ,not sure if thats a good price but sounds reasonable.

Its tax time and i need something strong while doing my taxes. :p

Spent last weekend in Vancouver, (BC, not Washington) for an anniversary getaway. Got to visit one of our favorite haunts when we're there, Biercraft. Finally got my lips on some Delerium Tremens, and a few others...
P_20200222_173651.jpgP_20200222_183117.jpg

@Ashful can check out the beer list here.
Unfortunately, they were out of the St. Bernardus quad.

Thought if you guys while having lunch yesterday.

0A77CEA6-3809-461D-BE4D-DAF6740DA152.jpeg

$106 is in the ballpark for Curieux, maybe just a few dollars higher than here. Most places around here seem to be $99 per case or $18-$19 per single bottle.

GuldenDraak_Stout_Family-1.jpgGot a Belgian ale variety pak and this little beauty was the first to try. Gulden Draak Imperial Stout ,Outstanding,Smooth,Rich, very Quad like brew. 12% ABV . Ill be looking for More of this for sure. Wife loves it too.

Potent. At 12% it's more like a wine than an ale. It's priced like wine too.

$22 a 6 pak so about $3.67 a bottle . Well worth the price. On the high side for beer but I suppose your not getting a great wine for what would amount to about $7 a bottle for equiv oz.

Thought if you guys while having lunch yesterday.

View attachment 257850

$106 is in the ballpark for Curieux, maybe just a few dollars higher than here. Most places around here seem to be $99 per case or $18-$19 per single bottle.
This one is also in that Variety pak,ill try that one for Fathers Day today with Lobster. Also in there GrandCru ,Augustiin & Golden Draak Quad.

Attachments

• Van-Steen-Gift1.jpg
    Van-Steen-Gift1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Reactions: begreen
$22 a 6 pak so about $3.67 a bottle . Well worth the price. On the high side for beer but I suppose your not getting a great wine for what would amount to about $7 a bottle for equiv oz.
I was looking at the 750 ml bottle which is about $20. Will keep an eye out for it.

I found this in early March , could not believe the flavor. Rich bitter coffee notes with a hint of bitter chocolate, very smooth and wonderful aftertaste. Is seems to be a swarzbier, but I can’t find any reference as such. If you can find it , you will be not be disappointed.
CFCDEDC8-1835-4A78-8003-107FBB414039.jpeg

Reactions: Seasoned Oak