What's your favorite BEER?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
For those of you in the PNW Festivus is back! It’s one of my favorite seasonal beers.View attachment 265833
Lucky you! Wish that was out here in N.E.

I enjoy many different brewers and styles but every time I remember to have a Samuel Smith (Porter, Nut Brown, Milk Stout) I'm reminded this is among the best there is.

Where is Anchor Brewing? Can't find any of their stuff in CT anymore. A rhetorical question, because there are so many local and regional beers, and only so many can fit on a shelf. Too bad, though. A high quality brewer. Too many taste and feel like homebrew.

Yuengling finally came through with their new Porter now in bottles, previously only available in Kegs. Quite reasonable pricewise by the case. 5% ABV . Generally very popular in my area. Tends to sell out quickly . If you dont like chocolate in your beer you probaly wont like this though. Chocolate taste is fairly prominent. Yuengling.jpg.jpg

Reactions: moresnow
For those of you in the PNW Festivus is back! It’s one of my favorite seasonal beers.
View attachment 265833
Black Raven makes some good and interesting brews.
EDIT: Found some at the local store. It's a very nice holiday beer indeed.

Last edited:
had this one with a bowl of soup tonightdragonsmilk.png
very dark when cold first taste is a chocolate bar
it's not call dragon's milk for nothing downed the last half it'll sit ya down (was in a rush)

Reactions: Couver and begreen
This one is appropriate after a day of hand splitting firewood. It's a good stout with a subtle chocolate flavor.
IMG_20210109_194919.jpg

Reactions: Seasoned Oak
Black New Trail Moonlite.jpg poured from a pint can into a clear pint glass. There is a nice roasted malt aroma emanating from the glass, bringing hints of black licorice, vanilla, coffee and more prominant dark chocolate,. A light, yet full roasted malt flavor dominates the taste. A very drinkable and refreshing stout, which like most of New Trail's hazies, hides a potent ABV very well. It’s always good to see some residue at the bottom of the glass after a good brew has been consumed. 9.1ABV Worth a try. Another winner from New Trail. They seem to roll out hit after hit, like Founders and Pizza boys.

Reactions: Couver
Oh my goodness. I was dubious about this one, but it's a home run. Backwoods Brewery, Pecan Pie Porter. It's not sweet at all. The forward taste is chocolate but it finishes up with vanilla and caramel notes and the aftertaste is of pecans. I don't know how they did it, but this is a brewing masterpiece. We will definitely be picking up some more.

Oh my goodness. I was dubious about this one, but it's a home run. Backwoods Brewery, Pecan Pie Porter. It's not sweet at all. The forward taste is chocolate but it finishes up with vanilla and caramel notes and the aftertaste is of pecans. I don't know how they did it, but this is a brewing masterpiece. We will definitely be picking up some more.

Just grabbed a few of these today and they are great! Thank You!

To me the flavor is like the Karo syrup in a pecan pie. I lived down south for a hot minute I know that taste

Reactions: begreen
Just grabbed a few of these today and they are great! Thank You!

To me the flavor is like the Karo syrup in a pecan pie. I lived down south for a hot minute I know that taste
Just got some more and turned my wife on to it. She normally doesn't go for porters, but she liked this one a lot.

This is one of my favorite stouts of all time. Big Elm Brewing, Dead of Winter Imperial Stout. The brewery is local, in Sheffield, MA and I helped them get solar PV and solar hot water for the brewery.

IMG_20210326_190718.jpg

Reactions: begreen
Another good brew from Troegs. Grand Cacao Chocolate Stout. Nice blend of dark chocolate ,vanilla and coffee. Hints of caramel in the mix. Milk sugars leave their mark. Soft sweetness with a subtle bitterness. That would make this bittersweet. Nice roasted malt backbone. Alcohol goes unnoticed at 6.5ABV. Mouthfeel is nice. It's medium-bodied with moderate carbonation. It's extremely fluffy, velvety, smooth and slightly creamy. grandcacao-productshot.png

another sunday in the books. good day to kick the feet up listen to the radio and have a beer

Attachments

• IMG_20210601_225929032.jpg
    IMG_20210601_225929032.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 108
i tried this beer because it finally shown up in our stores here. been wanting to try this for a while and was disappointed. it says pumpkin pie in a glass. if i had a pumpkin pie that tasted like this i'd throw it away. didn't taste to much like pumpkin and to bitter. so far shipyard pumpkinhead is the winner tied with weyerbach pumpkin ale

Pumking-Webslide.jpg

i know that it changes from batch to batch but this is not good. maybe i got a bad batch or maybe this batch is not so good to begin with.<>