Woodstock progress vs hearthstone equinox

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I agree. I am getting a quote from a blaze king dealer on the new ashford insert. We do have another fireplace that we could put one in. The dealer didn't even have a price for it yet. She was checking on availability and price.
I like the thought of the progress doing the heavy lifting but like the idea of the long blaze king burn times. If we have another stove it will need to be pretty frugal with wood. I don't know, just brainstorming right now.
Blaze King should work.I would get the largest one the King if I were you but if the Ashford is the most compatible go for it.I just checked the Blaze King site and it only showed the Princess and Sirrocco as inserts.Go with the princess if you can for more power/heat.

Last edited:
Blaze King should work.I would get the largest one the King if I were you but if the Ashford is the most compatible go for it.I just checked the Blaze King site and it only showed the Princess and Sirrocco as inserts.Go with the princess if you can for more power/heat.
I talked to a dealer and they said the ashford insert wouldn't be out till this summer.

We have started tearing out our brick wall and lower part of fireplace to put in the alcove. It is quite a bit deeper than I thought it would be. I'm worried about how much room I'm going to need to be able side to side load the progress.

I talked to a dealer and they said the ashford insert wouldn't be out till this summer.

We have started tearing out our brick wall and lower part of fireplace to put in the alcove. It is quite a bit deeper than I thought it would be. I'm worried about how much room I'm going to need to be able side to side load the progress.
They are in production this week! Please p.m. Me the dealer and I will personally address this.

BKVP

Your project sounds exciting.I would think it nice to be able to start from scratch after knowing what I now realize about stoves and heating with wood verses my old self.The math should tell you what you need to do about fitting that PH in place.I like the side to side loading.No logs rolling out the front and you can pack it more tightly.I've had 3 side loaders in the past and appreciated the feature.The new Ashford sounds nice.Looks like we'll hopefully get a report of your set up next winter.Looking forward to it.

They are in production this week! Please p.m. Me the dealer and I will personally address this.

BKVP

Nice - Guys this is called great customer service!