What's your favorite BEER?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I'll blow $20-22 on a 4 pack if I'm "pretty sure" it'll be worth it. At that point I base it on the brewery, not the beer as much. For example, here and there I'll drop $20 on a 4 pack of any IPA from Grimm because it's been a long time since I've been let down. Everyone around here goes nuts for Other Half, who does make some great stuff but in my opinion doesn't always live up to the price point. I'm always happy to find good stuff in the mid or low price range like $10-13. I've gravitated toward Troegs lately for that good mid range beer because they have some good annual releases that don't garner as much hype and therefore it keeps the prices pretty reasonable. Just got their Nimble Giant yesterday, great DIPA more of an old school west coast-ish style.

A&W. I'm a non drinking alcoholic, consequently, root beer only but way back in the day, Miller High Life in bottles.

Reactions: bholler
I was sad to see my go to cheap beer has gone up in price, Yuengling is now over $12 for a 12 pack of 12oz cans.
I see it for $17-18 a case on sale, usually about $20 a case of 24 around here for the Lagar. The 16oz cans are about $22 Case of 24 which is a better deal yet. I guess cuz im closer to the Brewery. They have a very good Hersheys Chocolate Porter also but only available in barrels until sometime this fall when they will bottle it for the first time.

My local cheap classic is Genny Light. I believe it's $6.99 for a 12 pack usually.
We call that sulfur water around here but to each his own. Any beer that can me made and sold for 50 c a can at a profit. Yuengling Lager is the cheapest beer i drink from time to time. And only when something better isnt available.

Reactions: Woody5506
We call that sulfur water around here but to each his own. Any beer that can me made and sold for 50 c a can at a profit. Yuengling Lager is the cheapest beer i drink from time to time. And only when something better isnt available.

Hey man I'm a fan of both craft and crap. Genny makes some other decent craft beers though but being a Rochester native has certainly made me biased to the point of loving a good old G Light.

Reactions: Seasoned Oak
Hey man I'm a fan of both craft and crap. Genny makes some other decent craft beers though but being a Rochester native has certainly made me biased to the point of loving a good old G Light.
Its all good , i drank a lot of Genny and Miller when i was young and im still here. As much as i love a good belgian quad i keep some yuengling lager on hand at all times as well.

We just cracked open the first bottles of an English Pale Ale we made a little over a month ago. It's turning out quite nice. It will be a good summer ale.

Reactions: ABMax24 and Zack R
Its all good , i drank a lot of Genny and Miller when i was young and im still here. As much as i love a good belgian quad i keep some yuengling lager on hand at all times as well.

I will say if I don't want craft, but I don't want beer that's a half step above water, I do tend to gravitate toward Yuengling. Love it in bottles.

My friend started a brewery business 2 years ago. His beers are delicious, but cost 5 times more than regular industrial beer. Since I drink beer at least twice a day (lunch & dinner) it would be impossible for me to afford such a daily expense. But a couple of times a week...

My friend started a brewery business 2 years ago. His beers are delicious, but cost 5 times more than regular industrial beer. Since I drink beer at least twice a day (lunch & dinner) it would be impossible for me to afford such a daily expense. But a couple of times a week...
Much of the craft beer is worth 5 times the price of the national brands. That saidO there's some very good craft beer that is not expensive. People are paying $1.50 a bottle for water from a vending machine these days. Enjoy your friends beer as often as possible. Strive for Quality over quantity. Cheers!

I got a couple 4 packs of equilibrium for next week, I am now beer money broke. Can't wait to try Straight outta the laboratory TIPA, going to have some :ZZZ

Attachments

• 0625201750.jpg
    0625201750.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 176
I got a couple 4 packs of equilibrium for next week, I am now beer money broke. Can't wait to try Straight outta the laboratory TIPA, going to have some :ZZZ
Those simcoe hops are the best.

Our common beer and craft beer in general are very close to the same price. No such thing as cheap beer here :( 30 pack of domestic cans (bud) is $54.

Our common beer and craft beer in general are very close to the same price. No such thing as cheap beer here :( 30 pack of domestic cans (bud) is $54.
Why so high?

Why so high?
Sin tax. Canada's beer prices are very high. They shock us in comparison and WA state has a high booze tax. Considering the benefits they have it's not a terrible price to pay, but if I lived there I'd be brewing my own.

Is Rolling Rock still brewed? 'From fresh spring water in Latrobe Pa. Is there any fresh water in Latrobe Pa.? Drank that stuff when I was a teen. All it did was make you urinate and give you beer breath.......;lol

Taxes for the health impact.... cigarettes are the same example. A large pack of cigarettes is $16-18$
Canadian smokes are terrible....

Had a couple of these at a friend's place last week. It was surprisingly good. Very floral and smooth with a nice finish. It is amber-gold in the glass. The ABV snuck up on me. I think it's a double-IPA but not sure. If you live in the northwest it's worth a try. I will be looking for it in our local stores.

TPBC_Head_Pin_IPA-v2.png

Last edited: