What's your favorite BEER?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I just tried what might be my new favorite...Dogfish Head Slightly Mighty. It's a low-calorie IPA (only 95 cal.) and the ABV is only 4%. I drink a lot of beer so those numbers are good for me on both accounts.

For a hot day cold brew, I go to Miller Lite or Coors Light.

SLI_Messenger_ColorCorrect_Crop.jpg

We tried all the craft beers around here and believe me there are about
60 in a hundred-mile radius. I now find that most of them have priced
themselves out of the market. for a treat, I get Lug tread but now I buy
mainstream Selman's 2.0 tastes good and not expensive.
But you guys
stateside your beer is a whole lot cheaper(cost-wise) to buy than us from the great white North

Tried a nice hazy pale ale tonight made locally by Fremont Brewing. Sky Kraken is light and refreshingly citrusy. It goes well on a warm summer day after working in the garden . At 5.5 abv it goes down easy and has a nice melon and blueberry finish.

Attachments

• IMG_0966.jpg
    IMG_0966.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 171
Going to be quiet on my end this month, once a year I take a month long break from alcohol and do a whole body cleanse. Not been easy so far with this stupid year but almost halfway there! Come September its game on!
Good idea but i would have to do that in winter. I just have to have a cold beer after working in the hot sun all day in summer. In winter i can do with a hot chocolate ,but in Summer it HAS to be a Good Beer or 2.

Reactions: johneh
Good idea but i would have to do that in winter. I just have to have a cold beer after working in the hot sun all day in summer. In winter i can do with a hot chocolate ,but in Summer it HAS to be a Good Beer or 2.
Yah, January is my clean month. It is pointless to try it before the holidays.

Block House Pumpkin Ale, brewed near Pittsburgh, PA something the wife and I both agree on...

Same Brewery as Iron City Beer

Looks like Yuengling is heading west next year.

I have six flats hoarded for winter. I like their Marionberry sours too.

Attachments

• 8492D31F-A8A1-421B-B42D-26B50728F697.jpeg
    8492D31F-A8A1-421B-B42D-26B50728F697.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 156
that rogue combat wombat sounds interesting. the only thing i've tried here is their dead guy. had that at a smoky bones restaurant. that was good stuff

that rogue combat wombat sounds interesting. the only thing i've tried here is their dead guy. had that at a smoky bones restaurant. that was good stuff

I love Dead Guy ale. I remember when it finally got as Far East as Texas I wore it out for months. With The Wombats you have to be careful. They are tasty and 6.7 percent.

haven't even seen that around here. i love porters
I have found it at a local restaurant on the lake used to work there during college, to be honest haven't seen it else where. Has a red label.

One third of one these in Strawberry, Raspberry or Cherry to two thirds Guinness in a pint glass does not suck. (nor does just Guinness by itself)

Attachments

• E6D1C10E-C2A6-49B9-891F-58FE3DA0D11E.png
    E6D1C10E-C2A6-49B9-891F-58FE3DA0D11E.png
    131.3 KB · Views: 150
Reactions: johneh
Brew Day today. We're making our first double IPA. It's going to be bitter (100 IBU), hoppy (about 13 oz of hops - dry-hopped twice), and potent (about 8% abv).
brew-day1.jpgbrew-day2.jpgbrew-day3.jpg

that is a lot of hops. how long before you drink?
It sure is. I figure we will lose about a gallon in secondary transfers just to get rid of the trub. It will be 6-8 weeks before we crack a bottle open and taste what we have created. It takes 2 packs of yeast to munch on this sweet solution. Right now the brew is bubbling at very brisk clip. Maybe 2 burps a second.

Last edited:
Just tried a new to me, Georgetown Brewing's double-IPA - Meowsa!
It is a floral, hazy IPA and with a great fruity taste. It's nice from start to finish. They have a winner with this one.

FOR NORMAL PEOPLE
Darn tasty Double IPA

FOR BEER LOVERS
Medwards says "If you force fed a watermelon a steady diet of mandarin oranges and pineapples and then dropped said watermelon into a wood chipper, this beer has the resulting aromas and flavors that came out of the business end of that wood chipper.”

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 5.18.48 PM.png

Last edited: